TOXIKK DEVELOPER TRACKER

FOLLOW OUR LATEST DRIVEL ON THE COMMUNITY BOARD

Re: Suggestion for getting new players

UT3VegasKill wrote:You on the other hand started the rumor about the game likely turning more expensive at launch, just 2-3 weeks before early access ends everyone should take the occasion and save some money. [...] So you deny that as well? You think people don't mind being f*ked over?

Will this ever stop? 2-3 weeks before Early Access ended, I said that the game is becoming more expensive? Where did I (or anyone else of the team) say this? Or are the sources again "none of my business"?

In the Early Access FAQ (that we filled out in Sep. 2014) we said that the game will likely become more expensive at launch. Since summer 2014 a lot of things happened in the market that made us adjust the price point by ~4 EUR. But that is a different thing from the BS you're accusing me of.

I'm sorry, but I really have enough of this BS and I don't have the time to reply to all that crap. Either bring forth a proof of your accusations or prepare for a rest from this board.
by Sharkster [KK]
Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:05 pm

Forum: GENERAL DISCUSSION
Topic: Suggestion for getting new players
Replies: 17
Views: 9029

UT3VegasKill wrote:
Sharkster [KK] wrote:Please name the "what you've heard" sources... Hardcore BS right there.

You are free to call this hardcore bs or me a liar if you wish to do so, but the source is not concern of yours.

Really? :rolleyes:

You come to our board (frequently), post massive walls of text, BS "you've heard" and refuse to name sources... Why should I call you a liar? I guess everybody knows how to judge you and your posts.
by Sharkster [KK]
Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:09 pm

Re: Game Modes / Types

It's pretty much the classic game modes with a few minor changes (especially on Area Domination and Arch Rivals).

We renamed the modes to have two-letter acronyms for EVERY game mode. Other than the name, CC is CTF and SA is TDM etc.
by Sharkster [KK]
Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:42 am

Topic: Game Modes / Types
Replies: 4
Views: 4490

UT3VegasKill wrote:If I can believe what I heard, you even refused free copies of the game to game reviewers before the game launch.

Please name the "what you've heard" sources... Hardcore BS right there.

UT3VegasKill wrote:Like right now, Toxikk has 7 online players, ut2004 has 175 and UT3 33. Idk about UT99, not listed on gametracker.

Shows 39 players for TOXIKK when you wrote your post (can easily be tracked via SteamCharts, SteamDB... whatever).

I have no idea what your point is, what you're trying to prove or where your bitterness comes from. But I guess you'll have your reasons.
by Sharkster [KK]
Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:15 am

@UT3VegasKill: There's so much stuff in your posts that simply isn't true, that I don't know where to begin with. In part... it even contradicts itself. E.g. in your first post above you say:

UT3VegasKill wrote:Last awesome PR outcome was the debut trailer. No, not the release trailer or any further promised PR, sadly. :-(

While in your second post it reads:

UT3VegasKill wrote:there are already almost half a mio owners of this game. [...] Makes it really hard if the devs completely fail marketing on their side

What do you think why almost .5 million people got the game installed? Because their mother told 'em?
Here's a LIST OF OUR PR & MARKETING EFFORTS.

It's just awesome when you work your ass off and then have people on your community board that come up with such BS. I could even call it funny how so many people come up with their "own truth" about not having 100s of CCUs in TOXIKK (CCUs, because I'm sure you know that the game has ~1k unique players a day).

You say that...

...it is not that hard to instantly run over a hand full of bugs or annoyances.

How many hours did you put into the game? Dozens? Hundreds? I can spend that amount of time in ANY game and come up with "bugs or annoyances" (most of them based on personal preference). And even... why did you put that much time into the game in the first place? Ahh... please don't answer that. :rolleyes:

What else...?

Than there is this thing that like 15% of the shots are no regs - you hit somebody, they take no damage from it. Sounds promising for a shooter, doesn't it?

BS. Used to be an issue a long time back, when we were still tweaking the netcode in Early Access.

Or tell some competitive players they can run around a corner and turn invisible by pressing a key? - surely they will be very impressed and eager to try this game.

Yea, you should tell them that you can render invisible for not even 2 seconds... and then you cannot do it again. It's a strategical thing... but of course you know that. Wonder why you make it sound as if you could disappear like some stealth game BS.

Also, comparing Toxikk (an underdog newcomer brand) vs. UT4 regarding CCUs... do you actually know the CCU figures of BOTH games or how many people play pro? Look it up... you'll be surprised. And while you're at it... look up the figures of ALL Arena FPS games. I can only hope that you'll THEN realize how much BS you posted here today.

I know that you repeatedly asked (for months) to have your demo recording tools supported by TOXIKK, and we didn't do it. Maybe that's what gets you so upset. Other than that... I could go on with every point you say and proof it pointless. But I feel like I already put too much time into this.
by Sharkster [KK]
Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:02 pm

Re: Game Population

Butane wrote:
Sober wrote:Sounds like the perfect time to bring back F3!

hehe...

Butane (another NA player) talks about the Friday Frag Fest. We had that going for a limited time during Early Access...

However, It probably was a bit too complicated with all the EU and US times.... so, it might be better to just organize a US F3 (as the initiative is coming from there first), and see if we get a EU F3 later on. Just to keep things simple this time.
by Sharkster [KK]
Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:09 am

Topic: Game Population
Replies: 6
Views: 4298

Re: [NEWS] TOXIKK JOINS THE ESL - Cup Announcement

Sounds great! Best source for players is our Discord server:
http://chat.toxikk.com

Seems like the first US ESL cups will launch early February. We'll put up an official announcement as soon as we got a confirmed date.
by Sharkster [KK]
Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:03 am

Forum: ANNOUNCEMENTS
Topic: [NEWS] TOXIKK JOINS THE ESL - Cup Announcement
Replies: 12
Views: 952

Re: [NEWS] TOXIKK JOINS THE ESL - Cup Announcement

We will do a US cup too. I'm working out the details with the ESL right now.
by Sharkster [KK]
Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:41 pm

Topic: [NEWS] TOXIKK JOINS THE ESL - Cup Announcement
Replies: 12
Views: 952

Re: Founder Skins Coming!

Well, we set a deadline for 4th of December for confirming the mailing address, but we still get daily confirmations or address changes.

So, yea... we wanted to have the physical copies shipped in December, but it'll be January or February (latest!) now, as we want to make sure to reach every Godlike founder.

However, if you haven't even received the mail with the keys for your founder skins (and the request to confirm your mailing address), please send me a PM. Thanks!
by Sharkster [KK]
Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:04 pm

Topic: Founder Skins Coming!
Replies: 30
Views: 16672

[NEWS] BUILD 1.0.7 OUT NOW

Another "Quality of Life" patch for TOXIKK, before we start our first ESL community cups next Sunday (All details about the UPCOMING ESL COMMUNITY CUP HERE).

Let's take a look at what build 1.0.7 brings in detail:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/324810/ ... 9428604533
by Sharkster [KK]
Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:11 pm

Topic: [NEWS] BUILD 1.0.7 OUT NOW
Replies: 0
Views: 382
PreviousNext