[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TOXIKK Forum • View topic - FPS Between 18 and 30 ALL the time

FPS Between 18 and 30 ALL the time

Report Game Breaking Bugs, Crashes or Anything Else of High Priority
Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:52 am

Danfamas
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

• Wow, looks like you've tried everything. How do other Unreal Engine games run? Try one out.
    My son's PC had a similar issue where all UE games started running at very low frame rates for no reason while other more demanding games ran smoothly. What eventually fixed it was reinstalling new AMD drivers and I think also some redistributables.

But you've already tried that and didn't help. Try other UE games. See how they run. If they're fine then it's definitely something with Toxikk but i have a feeling it's probably all UE games.
    "I ain't afraid of no Quake"

Butane
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    General
    General

• I just played about half an hour of Bioshock Infinite with all settings maxed out. I had peaks of ~130fps with the lowest only being around 90, and an average of 110. In other words, absolutely no problems with UE3 in Bioshock Infinite.

I also briefly tried mirrors edge to see if it was a combination of UE3 and DX9, but all was ok there as well.

I really have no idea what could possibly be going wrong :\
    Danfamas
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

• Did you make sure that all ini files got deleted as well when you did the reinstall?
    REAKKTOR STUDIOS - - -
    Lehnard [KK]
    Reakktor Studios
    Reakktor Studios
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• I didn't realise uninstalling didn't get rid of all the files!

I've just reinstalled after deleting all the game files in steamApps, and it's sitting comfortably at 200fps on Foundation :D

Hopefully it'll stay that way and I won't have to keep reinstalling :)

Thanks!
    Danfamas
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

• Could you make a copy of the working files and later of the non functioning files if the error strikes again?
    It would be great to know what caused that.
    REAKKTOR STUDIOS - - -
    Lehnard [KK]
    Reakktor Studios
    Reakktor Studios
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• Sure no problem :)
    Danfamas
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

• Look at all that work you did and it turned out to be something simple. I hate when that happens! Has happened to me a lot.. argh!

Glad you got the game working again.
    "I ain't afraid of no Quake"

Butane
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    General
    General

• Right, so it happened again. I played solidly last night for almost 5 hours, everything fine. I go to play it today and it won't go over 30! This is so weird!

EDIT: Turned my PC off for 4 hours, just came back to it, now all is well again....
    Danfamas
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

• Checked your temps? Only explanation I can think of :/

If you CPU temp is getting to high (Or your GPU?) it could be thermal throttling? (Underclocking your CPU / GPU to reduce heat instead of blowing the chip).
    MrCoder
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Recruit
    Recruit

Next

Return to HIGH PRIORITY PROBLEMS

Information