[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TOXIKK Forum • View topic - Black Screen after intro.

Black Screen after intro.

Report Game Breaking Bugs, Crashes or Anything Else of High Priority
Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:48 am

DangerousDave
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:59 am

• Try going to your Steam launch parameters and add -nostartupmovies to it.

If it works then the intro movies are causing it.

ZedekThePD
    First Praetorian
    First Praetorian

Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:27 pm

DangerousDave
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:15 pm

• Did you try adding
    -windowed -resx=800 -resy=600
    The problem you described sounds like a resolution problem caused by the multi monitor setup. The engine sometimes gets confused by that and sets up an impossible starting resolution.
    REAKKTOR STUDIOS - - -
    Lehnard [KK]
    Reakktor Studios
    Reakktor Studios
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:43 pm

• please also add this to the start up parameters: -forcelogflush
    otherwise the log is incomplete when the game crashes.
    Kkontributor
    Grand General
    Grand General

Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:06 pm

• Yay!

Finally getting somewhere, so using "-windowed -resx=800 -resy=600" means the game starts and plays fine. (Thankyou Very Much)

But obviously it's crazy small, native res is 2560x1440.

When i change back to Fullscreen and native res it crashes again, so ive been trying to get it to run borderless windowed at my normal res to no avail, still crashes with these comands in "-nostartupmovies -windowed -noborder -resx=2560 -resy=1440 -forcelogflush"

Whats my best bet in making it playable?

Thanks

Dave
    DangerousDave
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:15 pm

• You can try starting it up with -resx 800 -resy 600 and then once in main menu, try one of these (or both if you can) :

- press alt+enter to switch to full-screen

- open console (F1) and type " setres 2560x1440 "

- navigate to video options and change stuffs there (resolution, full screen... if the above keybinds don't work)
    TOXIKK Modding Team: now in the
    Check out my latest BL maps - , , and !
    Chatouille
    Kkontributor
    Kkontributor
    General
    General

Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:30 pm

• Okay so using alt + enter just makes it full screen but still tiny 800x600 ugliness. Changing it to 2560x1440 still crashes it.

Using console and typing 2560x1440 makes it go to a windowed 2560x1440 (even when i take out -windowed) and then it will crash quite quickly after.

And using the options to change it to 2560x1440 will result in a crash too. :(

Could it be monitor, using rog swift with g-sync?

I've even unplugged the TV and second Monitor that was connected so it's single display and i'm still getting the same problems.
    DangerousDave
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:49 pm

• I have 3 screens connected to my gtx970, 1 of them is a ROG PG278Q, running toxikk at 2560x1440. gsync or fixed Hz both work fine, never had any resolution related crashes. All that worked also fine with my older GTX 760.
    Are you running the latest nvidia drivers? When you install them there is an option to reset all driver settings. Maybe there is something messed up with that 2560 resolution.
    Kkontributor
    Grand General
    Grand General

Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:03 pm

• When I was still using my GTX 760, I had to use the Nvidia drivers from November 2014.
    All drivers released after that had issues with my ROG screen.
    They removed the 144Hz option for 2560x1440 when using multiple screens and had other gsync issues too.
    Nvidia and Asus kind of blame eachother for it and nobody had a solution ... that was the main reason i switched to a 970.

This is the driver version which worked fine on my 760: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverRe ... x/79891/en
    Kkontributor
    Grand General
    Grand General

Return to HIGH PRIORITY PROBLEMS

Information