[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TOXIKK Forum • View topic - "Your skill class doesn't match - choose other server"

"Your skill class doesn't match - choose other server"

Report Game Breaking Bugs, Crashes or Anything Else of High Priority

• I just updated to 1.0 release and wanted to play.
    Since the SC was reset, i have SC 1 now. So i want to join a SC 1-4 server, but i can't, because a message tells me that my SC doesn't match ther server profile....
    Is that intended??

Official Server (SC 1-4)

Message after attempt to join the server:
    Sensemann1000
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary

• Yep, same here. But using quick join button works for me.

UPD: When i quickjoined a server, skillclass in scoreboard is 7 when in main menu it's still 1 and after like 1 minute server shuts down and kicks me out (maybe i'm connecting to listening server somehow)

Sorry for bad english.
    Emmemaed
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary

• I would say this Skill Class rating thing kinda sucks. I wanted to play last night and could not get into the only populated NA server because of my Skill Class being only 1.

Cant we just have open servers?
    U̶n̶r̶e̶a̶l̶ ̶T̶o̶u̶r̶n̶a̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ Toxikk mapper and modder..
    Polkadot Cadaver
    L3 Founder
    L3 Founder
    General
    General

• for me this system does not make sense...
    Last edited by PluNdeR on Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    PluNdeR
    L4 Founder
    L4 Founder
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary

• The SkillClass is stored at two different places, and the one showing in the menu got reset along with MXP on release. But your real skill class is still the same as before. It will take a few matches (10-15) until the menu shows your real SkillClass.
    Last edited by Chatouille on Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    TOXIKK Modding Team: now in the
    Check out my latest BL maps - , , and !
    Chatouille
    Kkontributor
    Kkontributor
    General
    General

• I think you MUST play at least ONE match of CONTRACTS to get a "real" SC. After that you can play MP.
    I suggest playing through CONTRACTS entirely though...
    Beer.
    Archon0003
    Alpha Spearhead
    Alpha Spearhead

• The SC is idiotic. I want to play with my friends who just started playing but it wont let me. But the quick-join is worse, because it puts me either in an empty server with just bots or in a server with 200+ ping.
    Hellusion
    Recruit
    Recruit

• I played the time trials map and that increased my skill class. This should not happen, right? Now I can't join almost any populated server because most of them are sc 4-8, not above.

There is a custom server without sc lock, but I got a black screen after joining a custom map (console "disconnect" returns to the main menu).

Btw nice idea with the time trials for the tutorial map. ;)
    UT3VegasKill
    Second Praetorian
    Second Praetorian

Kkontributor
    Grand General
    Grand General

• This is a bit wrong. Custom map shaders are compiled during the loading screen, not during black screen.

Shaders compiling in a post-loading blackscreen are those loaded dynamically by other mutators, such as CUSTOM PLAYER MODELS. And yes, those take a shitton of time to compile because there are a lot.

Then there is also the infamous random black screen that happens sometimes, very rarely for me though. I might have had it once or twice total in 2 years. No shader compiling, console logs that the loading was successful, and... nothing. Just black screen. Maybe it happens more often on some specific CPUs/GPUs ? We don't really know. Usually the console works even though it is invisible, and you can type "disconnect" to get back to main menu.

This is off-topic though :ugly:
    TOXIKK Modding Team: now in the
    Check out my latest BL maps - , , and !
    Chatouille
    Kkontributor
    Kkontributor
    General
    General

Next

Return to HIGH PRIORITY PROBLEMS

Information