[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TOXIKK Forum • View topic - 60-70fps regardless of settings?

60-70fps regardless of settings?

Report and Discuss Low to Medium Priority Problems
Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:00 pm

• Firstly, I love how this game feels so far.

However, I can't seem to get above 60-70fps. I've tried both maximum and minimum graphics settings and my GPU utilizes around 20-40% and I get 60-70fps. Getting 144 should be no problem for my GTX 980. I've tried with vsync both disabled and enabled. Is there an ini setting I need to change? The menu seems to run at 40-50fps (not that that's a bad thing, given it's a menu).

Not sure if it's related to a few of the reponses further down this thread:
    viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1075

If a laptop can get 144, I sure as hell should be able to.
    (;゚ Д゚)UT99 ❤
    PatchyKnowly
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Apex Predator
    Apex Predator

Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:17 pm

• Vsync is turned off?
    Lenny
    Spearhead
    Spearhead

Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:35 pm

• This may sound silly, but did you turn the FPS limit slider up past 62? I originally missed this option and went looking in the INI for it. Then to my surprise I realized you could scroll down and now I am sitting in 144 glory at all times :). (780 TI).
    Shabutie
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary

Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:51 pm

(;゚ Д゚)UT99 ❤
    PatchyKnowly
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Apex Predator
    Apex Predator

Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:32 pm

• Your gpu and settings sound fine.

have you considered lack of ram or bottleneck at the cpu? If you have a decent cpu, it may not be utilizing the entire thing.
    Dreconus
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:55 pm

• 8GB of ram, i7-2600K, GTX980.
    The 60-70fps doesn't seem to fluctuate much if at all with my settings changes. I've currently got it set to minimum in-game.
    http://io.nyande.re/vrUL/150123-18.50.14.png
    GPU utilization is around the 20-40% mark

Either way, I don't think it's a hardware bottleneck. Gonna check if there's any nVidia driver updates. Currently using 347.09, latest is 347.25.

I also tried disabling shadowplay in geforce experience, and I don't use any other features of GFE so I disabled the service but neither made a difference.
    (;゚ Д゚)UT99 ❤
    PatchyKnowly
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Apex Predator
    Apex Predator

Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:18 pm

• I might be silly too, but what monitor refresh rate do you have going on? I get steady fps due to my swanky pants AOC being on 144 mhz using DVi connectors.

Sorry if I've missed the point, I just had the same problem when I came back to gaming after years and cried at HD cables and stuff. :)

/A.
    Aetogra
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Second Praetorian
    Second Praetorian

Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:58 pm

• I have an ROG Swift connected via DisplayPort (the only thing you can connect it with, in fact). I'd checked it was operating in 144Hz at the time with the monitor's OSD.

Anyway, I solved the issue apparently: it was either my drivers (347.09 to 347.25), some bug that was fixed by rebooting, or 29 days of Windows updates. In hindsight I should've probably done those things separately but whatever.

It's 144fps smooth sailing from here on out.
    (;゚ Д゚)UT99 ❤
    PatchyKnowly
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Apex Predator
    Apex Predator

Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:52 pm

Shabutie
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary