[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TOXIKK Forum • View topic - "Low FPS" card list

"Low FPS" card list

Report and Discuss Low to Medium Priority Problems
Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:41 am

• G'day guys.

My FPS isn't very impressive on my PC, especially on the map Dekk.

I turned my graphics all the way down yet it struggles to get above 60FPS while other games are getting over 100FPS

i7 2600k
    16GB RAM
    GTX 760
    Pyroteq
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:49 pm

• DEKK is quite demanding on the CPU. I have a GTX 970 and still only get 60-80fps in the center area and my accuracy there is terrible compared to all other maps. The map looks great, but it comes at the price of playability.

When I reduce my fov from 130 to 105 I get about 10fps more out of it and the frame stutter is a less annoying.
    I concidered a CPU upgrade of my i5-3570 but to my surprise there isn't really anything on the market that has significantly more single-thread power to justify a >500€ investment.
    Kkontributor
    Grand General
    Grand General

Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:48 am

• I stand corrected. Chatouille demonstrated to me that it is not the CPU.
    I thought it was the CPU because I get the same low frame rate with 1330x768 or 2560x1440 (with all gfx settings at minimum), and I didn't want to believe that my brand new GTX 970 isn't powerful enough.
    The worst spot I found on the map is the corner between the platforms near the upper Falcon, looking down towards the Bullcraft.
    Kkontributor
    Grand General
    Grand General

Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:28 pm

• Hi guys, may have fixed it.

I think Windows 10 is just garbage. Never had an issue with Windows 7 but Windows 10 is causing me grief on both my desktop AND my laptop.

Anyway, if you're getting low FPS try opening up Nvidia Control Panel -> Manage 3D settings -> Global Settings
    Power management mode: Prefer maximum performance

I loaded up Dekk again, cranked up pretty much everything to full and I'm getting a stable 60+ FPS again. (locked to a max of 66hz)
    Pyroteq
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:14 am

• I'm sad to see that there is no evolutions on the optimisation of this title, with the same FPS drops at the same locations.

The new maps also have some framerate problems.
    Erkin
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Second Praetorian
    Second Praetorian

Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:19 pm

• I get pretty good frame rates with my r9 270x (i5 2500) with everything set to ultra. I'm using Windows 7 and on DEKK I drop to 80 or so but keep and average of 90+ as I recall. I'll have to double check later, especially that area Predath0r mentioned.
    Last edited by Butane on Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
    "I ain't afraid of no Quake"

Butane
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    General
    General

Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:07 am

"I ain't afraid of no Quake"

Butane
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    General
    General

Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:43 pm

REAKKTOR STUDIOS - - -
    Sharkster [KK]
    Reakktor Studios
    Reakktor Studios
    Emperor
    Emperor

Mon May 16, 2016 9:26 am

Erkin
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Second Praetorian
    Second Praetorian

Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:40 pm

• So, the game will be released today. I have been waiting since 1.5 year for an improvement of the framerate, and it's now obvious that it will never happen.

Please, can I have a refund of my purchase ?
    Erkin
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Second Praetorian
    Second Praetorian

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL PROBLEMS

Information