[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TOXIKK Forum • View topic - Usability improvements

Usability improvements

Report and Discuss Low to Medium Priority Problems
Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:25 pm

• I thought I posted some of this before, but can't find it anymore, so I'll summarize it here.

OK and YES/NO dialogs:
    ESC key should close the dialog (especially those that opened by pressing ESC, like "do you really want to exit?")

Changing values in UI controls:
    In the Options screens it's currently required to press ENTER to make a changed value in a textbox stick.
    Tabbing out or clicking with the mouse somewhere else discards the new value.
    IMO only pressing ESC should discard the value, but changing focus should apply the changes.

Chat Input Box:
    Especially when the match is over, it often happens that the last message I sent stays in the input box.

Join server with password:
    ENTER in the text input box for the password should activate the OK button and join the server.

Move PROFILE menu inside OPTIONS menu:
    With the MXP/unlock system, it should be available mid-game. After getting my MXP and loading the new map I want to be able to use the new colors/camos/models/hats that I just unlocked.

Menu items in lower right corner:
    They are easy to overlook for new players and wear off my expensive mouse skates :)
    Please move the BACK, START, CREDITS, EXIT ... buttons right underneath the other menu items, maybe with some extra space before it.
    The mouse thumb button should activate the BACK button, like in a web browser.

Profile / Achievements + Details:
    Doesn't do anything at all on my PC, because i have disabled the steam overlay. Took me some time to realize it.
    Maybe show a messagebox that the overlay needs to be enabled for that function.
    Kkontributor
    Grand General
    Grand General

Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:23 am

• Ditto.

In addition to that, please find a better way of organizing unlocked customizations. The sliders were okay when you had 100% unlocked already, but now they feel klunky since you're sliding back and forth comparing what you can afford vs what you want. Consider a way the user can see what they can afford at a glance. In my mind, a dropdown list or grid of thumbnails (with locked pieces darkened) would communicate more and be more friendly. :)

I like the experience bars that show progress towards the next piece per slot, but I found them too small in comparison to the rest of the UI and disorienting; it's not abundantly clear where I need to look for which piece. When I was glancing from the slider, back over to the armor preview, my eyes would lose track of where the mini-XP bar I needed was at. Maybe that's a two-fold problem with the control scheme of the sliders and positioning of the bars.

Perhaps the customization menu/process needs to be a little more immersive. The changes that I'm thinking should be made probably won't fit well into the menu styling currently present.
    Theorem
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:03 am

• [Deleted]
    Last edited by Theorem on Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Theorem
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:34 am

REAKKTOR STUDIOS - - -
    Sharkster [KK]
    Reakktor Studios
    Reakktor Studios
    Emperor
    Emperor

Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:50 pm

• Bootcamp:
    When starting at the first page ("Game Type") and going through the pages, the NEXT button in the lower right corner is always at the same location - execpt for the last page. It would be practical to have the OK button at that location so that successive clicks start the game, but instead the BACK button appears at that location and interrupts the flow.
    Kkontributor
    Grand General
    Grand General

Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:38 pm

Theorem
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

Return to GENERAL PROBLEMS

Information