Problem with dedicated LAN Server setup

Report and Discuss Low to Medium Priority Problems

• Hello everyone,

I´m trying to get a dedicated Server up&running for LAN-Play.
    first my setup:
    Win10 Host: Clean install and ServerPackage from https://github.com/ToxikkModdingTeam/ToxikkServerPack
    Win10 Client: Toxxik 1.0.2 Full via Steam

When I start a dedicated Server I can find the Server on LAN in the Server-Browser, but when I try to connect it just never finishes. When I try to connect via IP I see my connection-attempt on the DedicatedServer-Window, but it nevertheless finishes.
    I already tried to disable the firewall (it just offline LAN) to make sure it´s not a FW-problem... but doesn´t make a difference.

Has somebody already successfully set up a dedicated LAN-Server ? What am I missing here ? Any ideas how I could debug my problem ? It´s kinda hard to track down this issue as I don´t see any errors and I think my setup is quite clean.

Thanks in advance
    Dodger
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

• After a lot of trial and error I found the cause and a fix.
    The culprit is that my launcher by default starts the server with a "?steamsockets" parameter, but steamsockets don't work in LAN mode.

For a working dedicated LAN server, add this to your [DedicatedServerX] section:
    Code: Select all
    bIsLanMatch=true

If you want to run custom content and have nginx installed (part of the Toxikk Server Pack), also configure the download URL in the same section as-follows (with the correct LAN IP of the game server running nginx):
    Code: Select all
    DefaultEngine.ini\IpDrv.HTTPDownload\RedirectToURL=http://192.168.0.10/toxikkredirect/

When you start ToxikkServerLauncher.exe, either pass a command line parameter "-nosteamsockets" or enter it on the interactive prompt before you enter the number of the server you want to start.

NOTE:
    If the LAN server startup URL becomes too long (server name, mutators, ...), the server will crash when clients try to browse it.
    see viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4000#p26878
    Kkontributor
    Grand General
    Grand General

Return to GENERAL PROBLEMS

Information