Start game when offline

Report and Discuss Low to Medium Priority Problems
Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:03 am

• Hi,
    so, Toxikk has LAN capability to "frag like its 1999". And now imagine your are doing a oldSchool LAN-Party without internet-connection. Eagerly awaiting to do some frags and then: Toxikk just crashes hard on Windows with "This programm stopped working" when you start it from offline Steam (you remember, you can put steam offline when going, well, offline) !!!

This bug has been easily reproduced on serveral PC´s, so its not just my installation.

Could someone please confirm this feature and maybe tell us if this is going to be fixed anytime ?
    Dodger
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:04 am

• I can reproduce this. If I start the game with my LAN cable unplugged, it crashes.
    It is caused by a failed connection attempt to the global chat.

After disabling "OPTIONS / GAME / CHAT AUTO-START" I was able to start the game without a network connection.
    Trying to enable the option while unconnected causes the same crash.

The log output is:
    Code: Select all
    [0013.40] Log: LoadMap: CRZMainMenu?Name=PredatH0r?Team=0?Class=?FullscreenLaunch
    [0014.92] Log: Game class is 'CRZEntryGame'
    [0014.95] Log: Primary PhysX scene will be in software.
    [0014.95] Log: Creating Primary PhysX Scene.
    [0014.98] Log: Bringing World CRZMainMenu.TheWorld up for play (0) at 2016.10.10-12.45.37
    [0014.99] Log: Bringing up level for play took: 0.058656
    [0015.01] ScriptWarning: Accessed None 'Profile'
            UIDataStore_OnlinePlayerData Transient.DataStoreClient_0:UIDataStore_OnlinePlayerData_0
            Function Engine.UIDataStore_OnlinePlayerData:OnLoginChange:0134
    [0015.01] ScriptWarning: Accessed None 'Profile'
            UIDataStore_OnlinePlayerData Transient.DataStoreClient_0:UIDataStore_OnlinePlayerData_0
            Function Engine.UIDataStore_OnlinePlayerData:OnLoginChange:0168

Unbehandelte Ausnahme: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Der angegebene Host ist unbekannt
       bei System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port)
       bei ToxikkIRCLink.IRCLink.Start()
       bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
       bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
       bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
    [0015.09] Error: StopLocalVoiceProcessing: Ignoring stop request for non-owning user
    [0015.09] Log: ########### Finished loading level: 1.688633 seconds
    [0015.20] Init: Game engine initialized
    [0015.20] Log: Initializing Engine Completed
    [0015.20] Log: >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Initial startup: 15.20s <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    Kkontributor
    Grand General
    Grand General

Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:26 pm

Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:10 pm

• Oh cool,

at least a workaround (ok, maybe tricky for someone who already arrived at the party :) ), thanks for that.

We are so used to be online all the time, you just don´t realize how hard live gets once you are offline. Lets hope all our providers keep up the good work :)

One last thing: Refering to my other thread, creating a nice dedicated LAN-Server is still tricky. We were going to use a ListenServer... maybe you could take LAN-Servers also into account for the ServerLauncher. I´m a bit sad that it seems that we are the only ones left that are interested in dedicated LAN-Servers...
    Dodger
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:18 pm

Return to GENERAL PROBLEMS

Information