[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TOXIKK Forum • View topic - My opinion about the balance of the weapons

My opinion about the balance of the weapons

Suggest New or Discuss existing Features and Feature Tweaks

• First I want to clarify that I am not a whiner, the game is amazing and is fairly balanced with only small issues.

Second is a personal opinion or more of an impression, I could or could not be wrong.

2) Raven= The pistol needs a small boost, not so much that you won't have incentives to find other weapons but just a little bit to make it a more valid option.
    3) Bullcraft= I felt the shotgun fairly balanced maybe it could use a tiny increase in the rate of fire.
    4) Violator= I think is fine, maybe it could use a tiny boost in damage
    5) Falcon= I think is fine, it is a powerful weapon but with the really fast paced gameplay is hard to hit
    6) Stingray= no complains
    7) Dragoneer= I was thinking the alternative fire could use a boost of damage but at the same time it should have a timer in which if you do not release the charge it damage you.
    8 ) Cerberus= It feels as the most powerful weapon, I could use a nerf in the rate of fire, it shoots very fast

An option to change the size of the weapons could be nice

Anyway it is just a opinion I invite everyone to give his thoughts

By the way I am not sure if will be able to learn the names of the weapons I prefer to say pistol, shotgun, assault rifle, sniper rifle, flamethrower and rocket launcher :p :D
    Last edited by pollo on Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
    pollo
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Alpha Spearhead
    Alpha Spearhead

• Imo I find the shotgun to be good as it is.
    Hello. I'm Blank but also known as amoimon.

Call me, amoi. (uh-moy)

STEAM
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/amoimon

STREAM:

YOUTUBE:
    Blank
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    First Praetorian
    First Praetorian

pollo
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Alpha Spearhead
    Alpha Spearhead

• I'm not sure about the rocket launcher. On one hand, you are pretty much fucked if you face one without armor, on the other hand, survive many shots if you face a rocket launcher with a full stack of armor and health (100/100). So my suggestion would be, to decrease the amount of damage against no armor since you can't do anything against it without armor right now, which i think, no weapon should.
    Jubi
    L4 Founder
    L4 Founder
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary

• I agree that the rocket launcher feels a bit op. Perhaps lowering the speed of the rockets could help. It feels rather hard to dodge for something that can kill in one hit with a direct shot.

I also agree that the pistol should get some kind of boost. It feels a little weak as is. Obviously it shouldn't be as viable as the other weapons, but I don't think a person who has just spawned should be completely screwed. Perhaps I just need to " get gud", but if I spawn and someone with a rocket launcher sees me I just get destroyed.

Overall the balance of the weapons is pretty good for just launching!
    freariose
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary

• It's obvious the Cerebus is OP as hell. I win 90% of matches just by camping that bad boy everytime it spawns. However, keep in mind this Foundation map is HELLA small and compact. If they have any maps planned, or the community creates any maps that are more open and require 'hitscan' weapons, it won't be nearly as strong.

The Stingray may even be slightly too strong in open maps, can't really tell yet.
    Competitive veteran from the UT series

Toxikk North American Community - Pugs/Scrims on IRC:
    http://webchat.globalgamers.net/?channels=TOXIKK
    RoOkIe
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• I only played 2 hours, but I actually didn't really have a problem with the Cerberus, and I'm really bad at arena shooters.

I guess the issue I have isn't with the damage it does so much as the accessibility of it.

Not sure how I would fix that, though.

GHz_ghost
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Legionary
    Legionary

Jubi
    L4 Founder
    L4 Founder
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary

• As I've stated in other threads, my personal opinion on the Cerberus is that the projectile speed and amount of ammunition are its major issues. However I think I'm coming to amend that to include its spawn rate as well. I would like to see the speed slowed somewhat and have it spawn with maybe 4 or 5 shots. In this iteration, I believe increasing the splash radius while also increasing the severity of the damage fall off is for the best as well.

I agree on the opinions regarding the raven, though I think at the moment, the bull craft is fine as it is.

I would like to ask what you're thinking in terms of the dragoneer, because a fully charged alt-fire is an instagib as it is.
    ticklemyiguana
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Alpha Spearhead
    Alpha Spearhead

• After playing for 2 hours I feel that the weapons are balanced for the most part. I think a good third of my kills were with the pistol. I don't believe this needs a buff at all, but if it were going to I would say make it so it takes 1 less shot to kill a standard 100 HP/ 0 Armor target.

The Cerberus needs to have the rockets fire at about 75% of its current speed or do 75% of its current damage. I wouldn't mind the damage reduction if the splash damage were increased so you could control people with it.
    Shabutie
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary

Next

Return to FEATURE DISCUSSION

Information