[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TOXIKK Forum • View topic - Disable ambient sounds

Disable ambient sounds

Suggest New or Discuss existing Features and Feature Tweaks
Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:38 am

• I find the ambient sounds to be distracting, I think you should implement an option to disable them. If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's the low hums and rumbles you hear everywhere you go; the ambiance is good for atmosphere, but it's not good for competitive play. Quake Live has the option to disable this, I must add.
    [DL]
    Legionary
    Legionary

Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:17 am

• Bumping, so the devs can see, and so I can further elaborate on the matter. Important audio cues like footsteps are getting lost in the constant drone of buzzing and windy tunnel sounds. It's interesting that there is an option to silent walk, but I've never had to use it. I can just run behind an opponent for about a mile and then blast him easily because he didn't hear my footsteps, and thus didn't know I was there. And of course, I have personally have had trouble hearing footsteps of opponents; multiple times an opponent will just show up, run full speed around a corner, whatever, and I don't hear him. Even the grunt that a player model makes is difficult to hear unless you're very close. And yes, I wear headphones when playing Toxikk, although recently I just don't sometimes because it doesn't make a difference right now.

I believe that a game environment without ambiance will benefit this game and bring it closer to being a more viably competitive arena FPS, a genre where audio cues have been vitally important. Please give the option to disable all ambient sounds.
    [DL]
    Legionary
    Legionary

Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:41 am

• I always disabled them in my ini's. Haven't checked for it in Toxikk yet but let's make it simple and add it in the menu.

I second this. First thing I did was remove the music sound so I could hear the movements, etc.
    Competitive veteran from the UT series

Toxikk North American Community - Pugs/Scrims on IRC:
    http://webchat.globalgamers.net/?channels=TOXIKK
    RoOkIe
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:46 pm

• Bump'd :^)
    [DL]
    Legionary