[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TOXIKK Forum • View topic - Akselmo's list o' features (controls, gameplay, guns)

Akselmo's list o' features (controls, gameplay, guns)

Suggest New or Discuss existing Features and Feature Tweaks

• So after playing the game for a while, I have a few basic ideas for new features and old ones.

1. Let us disable switch on pickup

Quite self explanatory.

2. Fullscreen Windowed mode / Borderless windowed

Since I have two screens, I like to play games this way. It's easier for me to chat etc. then with people.

3. Melee?

Is there a melee weapon? I didn't find any. Maybe let us punch with the weapon we're holding?

4. Alternative keys for actions

I would love to bind two keys for jump, for example. It's useful for some players.

5. Console key annoyance

I'm used for using TAB as my scoreboard key, and now TAB opens the console. I also accidentally press it during a hectic battle so it's a bit annoying. Let us change it or disable it.

6. Weapon names in the controls (And maybe the general type of the gun in brackets after the name?)

I use a custom key setup in these kind of games instead of numbers. In QuakeLive I have Q for rocket launcher, C for shotgun etc etc. I would setup these in Toxikk too but since the controls just say "Weapon 1" it's a bit hard to know which gun is which.

7. More delay to the rocket launcher and less ammo for it

Add more delay to the rocket launcher between shots. It doesn't need to be much, maybe 0,5 seconds. It should have less ammo, too.

8. More delay to the sniper

Same thing as above. Maybe 0,7 seconds. Also maybe make it a bit more powerful too?

9. Custom slider for player glow

Since people have said that it's hard to see other players, this could fix it. Make us able to tweak how much the other players glow. Some people want to see huge glowing blobs, some just want to see them glowing just a little bit more than they're now.

10. Options in game?

I didn't find a way to tweak options in middle of a game. If it's not possible.. Make it happen! Makes it easier for tweaking mouse sensitivity.

11. Hitsounds!

Make me hear some delightful sound when I hit someone, it would be great. It could be toggled on and off, since not everyone likes them.

12. Crosshair customization

This is a must. I love using small crosshairs. Other people like big ones.

13. ALL key bindings must be clearly visible!

Some are still missing from the menu, like "Feign Death"

I might update this list in future, but I hope this was helpful at all. :)
    Last edited by Akselmo on Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
    I'm just a guy who wants to chill and frag stuff.

Akselmo
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Spearhead
    Spearhead

Eldrich
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

• Can't speak to the weapon balance until I get some experience with em' but fully agreed to the rest of these points.

Solid post.
    VR-BigMac
    1337BigMac
    Chief Mercenary
    Chief Mercenary

• I can agree with everything except #11. I personally do not like hit sounds.
    coop groups out there for Toxikk?
    Lori Jackrabbit <3
    Doomdog19
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Legionary
    Legionary

Akselmo
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Spearhead
    Spearhead

• You should dig through the UDKInput.ini in the toxikk folder, you can change/ fix almost all keybinds as well as the instant weapon switch thing.
    eSports
    Recruit
    Recruit

• For the borderless-window thing:
    Keep in mind that the dev has to implement "forced focus" to that window, otherwise the mouse will move out of the frame (like in World of Warcraft and such) and as soon as you hit the left click, you would lose focus.

Otherwise: Except the hitsound thingy, nice list, I'm also approving them :D

BlackEternity
    BlackEternity
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary

• i agree completely with 5, 9, 10, 11, and 12. and to add to #12, maybe even changing crosshair color would be nice
    Shook
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary

Akselmo
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Spearhead
    Spearhead

Next

Return to FEATURE DISCUSSION

Information