Mouse settings, UI feedback and Visuals

Suggest New or Discuss existing Features and Feature Tweaks

• Mouse settings:
    First let's talk about mouse sensitivity. This game does not use UE3 default sensitivity scaling, which is fine I guess, it's just that I'll have to find my cm/360 by trail and error. The problem is that the slider you have there only takes integers, which isn't precise enough. So that's one thing you should fix, allow us to click the number and write it ourselves instead of just having a slider. And allow that box to have at least 2 decimals.

Instead of setting the sensitivity in-game I had to find the input.ini file, set a sensitivity, launch the game, test it, rince repeat until I found the correct sensitivity. But even if you allowed for such precision in-game, I can't get to the options menu will in a match, also something you should look at.

You have all sorts of options for mouse acceleration, which is good (though I'd leave it off by default), but you're missing mouse smoothing. Also a feature I had to go into the .ini files to turn off.

UI:
    Right now there's no way of telling which weapons you have picked up other then scrolling through them. All weapons should be clearly visible somewhere on the UI with the ammo count.

Auto switch weapon should be an option you can turn off.

The scoreboard should be rebindable to tab. I know UE3 has tab bound to the console, but can't you move it to tilde or something like every other game?

Visuals:
    The first person weapon model is too big, make an option for small weapon model or something.

Enemy players should be more flashy or something, they blend too good into the environment.
    Litego
    First Praetorian
    First Praetorian

• Weapon switch time is too long.

Too much visual clutter, explosions causing blur and distortions, need to be removed.

Should spawn with the weapon out and ready to fire.
    Litego
    First Praetorian
    First Praetorian

Return to FEATURE DISCUSSION

Information