[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TOXIKK Forum • View topic - Weapon Balancing

Weapon Balancing

Suggest New or Discuss existing Features and Feature Tweaks
Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:40 am

• - Raven (Pistol)
    Primary Fire Rate could be slightly increased

- Bullcraft (Shotgun)
    Perfect

- Violator (Assault Rifle)
    Perfect

- Falcon (Sniper Rifle)
    Damage should be increased just enough to always kill an enemy at 100 Health 0 Armor in one shot (what you spawn at)

- Stingray (Plasma Rifle)
    Perfect?

- Dragoneer (Flamethrower)
    Increase default ammo amount, increase primary fire range, increase visibility when firing

- Cerberus (Rocket Launcher)
    Reduce fire rate and reduce rocket travel speed

The Falcon should be buffed or the Stingray's secondary fire should be nerfed.
    The Stingray is both fully automatic and has a laser beam that can kill in one shot to the head or usually two shots to the body.
    The Falcon is only semi-automatic and kills in one shot to the head or usually two to the body, secondary is zoom...
    Either the Stingray's secondary fire should be weakened to not be level with the Falcon, or the Falcon should be buffed.
    Hunched
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary

Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:09 am

• I hope the devs make time to put out a quick patch to tone down the rockets so we can at least test the other weapons properly. As it is now everybody is using rockets over all the other weapons and if you don't you die. I think it's the #1 issue in the game right now and the feedback is overwhelmingly in agreement. I'd like to see this fixed at the highest priority next to any game breaking crashes or what have you people may be experiencing.

In my opinion, the rockets should do 80 direct damage, and travel slightly slower. The refire rate needs to be slower as well. Splash damage should be reduced along with the overall damage. Personally I'd like to bounce people and juggle them over killing them with 1 rocket.

To respond to the OP, I disagree that sniper should kill in 1 shot even with body kills. I think what needs to happen is the stingray shouldn't be doing the same amount of damage as the sniper, cancelling out any benefit it had.

I can't comment much more in detail, I've played quite a bit but honestly it's really hard to get fights where you can compare other weapons since there are rockets blowing up everywhere.
    TOXIKK IRC NA Community and Pickup Games:
    http://webchat.globalgamers.net/?channels=TOXIKK
    chicken-
    Spearhead
    Spearhead

Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:39 am

Hunched
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary

Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:37 am

• Well I disagree, the people I play with would dominate with sniper if it did 100 damage in 1 shot and I'm fairly confident that will be the consensus. If you miss a shot and you die with sniper during the refire time, you were too close/exposed to be using it that way. The point is you should be at a corner or something, taking a shot, and moving back, perhaps ready to turn around once more and take a shot at them if they chase.

Perhaps a very slight decrease in the refire rate would enable you to use it a bit more freely without making it a 1 shot kill. I don't think anything but a headshot from a sniper rifle should be a 1 shot kill, it's too easy for people with good aim to dominate.
    TOXIKK IRC NA Community and Pickup Games:
    http://webchat.globalgamers.net/?channels=TOXIKK
    chicken-
    Spearhead
    Spearhead

Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:41 am

Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:13 pm

• My thoughts:

Cerberus: Way to powerful
    Raven: So far completely useless as it's way to powerless. You don't even have the slightest chance to do any major damage to anyone
    Dr Zoidberg [np]
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary

Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:20 pm

• The pistol really needs a buff, yes it's just the starter weapon but I feel completely useless with it. Either give it a higher fire rate or more damage per shot (spammy vs "skillcannon")

The Violator is totally fine

The Stingray is fine

The sniper rifle is also fine, maybe give it a tiny boost in damage so you have a better chance of one-hitting damaged players. 100 damage would be too much.

Cerberus probably needs a nerf, longer spawn time, less ammo, lower RoF. I don't agree with a lower projectile speed, that would probably be too much, but get rid (or reduce) the bouncing around whenever the splash damage hits you.

Flamethrower is fine IMO, with the alt fire you can get an easy kill most of the time. Maybe give it a bit more ammo, but that's about it. Better visibility would also be nice while firing.

The shotgun is perfect IMO.

Maybe add a melee option, that would be interesting.
    Nohrellas
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:57 am

• I think the Falcon should do 100 damage if your target is close to you, within 15 feet or something.
    We don't want this to turn into COD MLG 360 noscopes but on the current map we have the sniper is nearly useless.

I can see how it always doing 100 damage would be OP on bigger maps when your targets are all far away, and pose no risk to you so you can just take your time and fire away til you run out of ammo.

I suggest anyone who feels otherwise, try running around with the Falcon, see how difficult it is to land two hits in a row on a target dodging around and firing back right in front of you.

There's a reason why we hardly ever get killed by it. This isn't like the shotgun which is also semi-auto and takes two shots usually, that has spread which helps significantly.

It would be viable in close quarters maps if the Falcon did enough damage to one shot at very close range.

Also, if the Falcon isn't buffed, the Stingray must be nerfed.
    The Stingray's secondary fire is as powerful as the Falcon, and has a fully auto mode on top of that.
    That's not right.
    Hunched
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary

Return to FEATURE DISCUSSION

Information