[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TOXIKK Forum • View topic - Pistol Buff?

Pistol Buff?

Suggest New or Discuss existing Features and Feature Tweaks
Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:52 pm

• I feel that the pistol is just a useless place-holder before you get a pickup. I'm sure the devs know best currently, but sometimes in DM if there are no weapons available in the cluster-f**k, the pistol is barely sufficient.

Opinions?

Storm
    Join Nerdcave UK now!
    Storm
    Second Praetorian
    Second Praetorian

Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:46 pm

• Agreed, it needs a higher rate of fire.
    Winter
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Legionary
    Legionary

Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:44 am

• Agreed! To much of the game is running around getting weapons. The starting weapons needs to be at least decent!!
    slayerming2
    Apex Predator
    Apex Predator

Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:14 am

• It does 20 damage per hit, hit 5 = kill player without armor. I don't think it can be buffed too much without being too good, UT3 had issues with enforcer being insanely strong when it was 25 damage, they had to reduce the accuracy of it to counter. The rockets are currently dominating everything, making everything else appear weaker IMO.

I hope the devs are working on nerfing the rockets asap, it's the #1 issue right now.
    TOXIKK IRC NA Community and Pickup Games:
    http://webchat.globalgamers.net/?channels=TOXIKK
    chicken-
    Spearhead
    Spearhead

Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:21 am

• I dont think it needs a buff at all. Try and not miss your shots and you will find that it kills pretty quick.
    fundingles
    Apex Predator
    Apex Predator

Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:41 am

• Add headshots to the pistol. Pistol does 20 damage per shot, make headshots do 40.
    Pariah
    Second Praetorian
    Second Praetorian

Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:47 am

• The pistol is good I get most of my kills with it
    Shit just got Unreal
    Speiderful
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Centurion
    Centurion

Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:30 am

• I thought the pistol was garbage at first too.

Until my aim got better...

I would only add a melee to the pistol if possible. I don't think the other weapons need a melee.

I think if they added a pistol whip melee newcomers would have a better chance in the beginning.
    PRETTY JESUS
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary

Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:51 pm

• Yeah, maybe my aim is just terrible. xD
    Join Nerdcave UK now!
    Storm
    Second Praetorian
    Second Praetorian

Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:11 pm

• I like the headshots idea.

However the user TheVulong had an interesting thought on the subject, and I'm a fan. The suggestion was that the primary or secondary fire actually gives a crippling effect, either slowing the target down, or increasing the dodge cooldown.

edit: This being said, we still haven't seen the impactor, which I believe will also be a spawn weapon.
    Last edited by ticklemyiguana on Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    ticklemyiguana
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Alpha Spearhead
    Alpha Spearhead

Next

Return to FEATURE DISCUSSION

Information