[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TOXIKK Forum • View topic - Weapon feedback after 8 hours of playtesting

Weapon feedback after 8 hours of playtesting

Suggest New or Discuss existing Features and Feature Tweaks

• Hello!
    First off let me congratulate you Devs for what so far has been a great early-access launch! I have not had any problems that I can think of regarding gameplay. Okay sometimes the client refuses to join a server even though there appears to be space on the server, but thats a minor issue and doesn't happen very often. It certainly has not stopped me from having a blast!

My viewpoint will be as a longtime casual FPS player (mainly Battlefield MP thesedays although I currently hate it tbh hence why I am here). I am not an experienced Quake/Unreal player so take my views on things as a casual approach I guess.

Cerberus

From a casual standpoint, this weapon allows the new player to jump right into the action and makes them feel at ease immediately due to its incredibly easy to use fire rate and AOE damage atttributes. I was literally laughing with joy the first time I got a 10 streak kill with it. However it does not make you immortal and the better players will counter it one way or another. Either with another Cerberus or with a shotgun to the face. :)

I have read a few posts about nerfing and I can understand the frustration of players. It is annoying when you are having a decent battle with the other weps and suddenly someone just bum rushes the show with a Cerberus. Its cheap and nasty, but its also entertaining and noone complains when they are owning with it.
    Initially I was also feeling the dredd regarding this weapon and constantly seeing it in use by everyone but then I realised that since everyone can use it, really its not an issue. Thats exactly what I do. When everyone is using it, I use it too.

I have a couple of ideas regarding helping reduce the Cerberus spam;

1> Reduce the ammo capacity. This would force (newer) players to drop back to other weapons (and get used to them) and not become so reliant on having the Cerberus alone.

2> Have a cooldown after 3 rounds have been fired before another 3 rounds can be fired. Again this forces the player to switch to other weapons during cooldown but doesn't nerf the fire rate so much (thats part of the fun IMO) and sort of helps reduce the spam a bit.

I do think outright nerfing at this point (damage, aoe, rate etc) would be bad as we need to test other maps too.
    However, you could add a serverside option for admins to prevent Cerberus spawns on the smaller CQC maps altogether.

Pistol [Raven]

Feels very weak, almost like you don't have a weapon. I like the alternate triple fire mode but using this weapon is usually a last resort thing. Maybe thats intended.

Shotgun

My only comment on this is that I could not distinguish between the main fire and alternate fire. If I hadn't of read the explanation somewhere I would not have known the alternate mode fired 12 instead of 6 pellets.

Sniper Rifle/Scope[ Falcon]

I love this weapon, its fun to use but not impossible to get hipfire headshots with. Balanced IMO.

I'm not going to go into detail about the rest of the weapons, they seem fine to me. I love the alternate fire modes especially on the Flamethrower!

Looking forward to more maps to come!
    Thats all I got for now, thanks for reading and feel free to comment back.

Hellsonix
    L3 Founder
    L3 Founder
    Second Praetorian
    Second Praetorian

Return to FEATURE DISCUSSION

Information