Do we need 2 Snipers? Stingray and Falcon

Suggest New or Discuss existing Features and Feature Tweaks

• We have the Falcon and the Stingray. The Falcon is our main Sniper-Rifle and the Stingray has it sniper-like beam as alternative fire. I would like to ask everyone: "do we really need 2 Snipers in our cool game Toxikk?"

Quick Idea:
    Stingray: Alternativ Ideas:
    Primary: Energy Plasma Projectile
    Secondray: A high energy plasma shaft

Falcon:
    The Falcon could be upgraded with the old Stingrays instant-hit Plasma Beam
    ArKtur
    Chief Mercenary
    Chief Mercenary

• Stingray secondary is not sniper - it is more like shock gun in UT and railgun in Q
    aka kHYRR73WHE
    superman
    Second Praetorian
    Second Praetorian

• I think the sniper rifles usefulness will be more apparent when we get open maps similar to UT's facing worlds.
    I really like the stingray's secondary fire as it offers much more mobility than just using the falcon, plus having the primary fire handy when distance between you and your target closes makes it a very versatile weapon, kind of like a mix between the shock rifle and the link gun in UT.
    Fossa
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary

• yes we do. Not only do we need 2 semi automatic hitscanners. We also need 2 fully automatic hitscanners too. You need that classic AK47 vs m4 matchup. quake live added a heavy minigun vs the Lightening Gun. UT has the minigun vs the link gun secondary.
    A Quake LG/ UT link secondary is exactly what this game needs. Airybody lubs dose beams.
    snugglecakes
    Legionary
    Legionary

• ^ yeh a beam weapon would be awesome, I don't want it to replace any of the current fire modes though.
    Fossa
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary

• Although there are things that can be changed::

1) Remove the cross-hair from sniper, so it will be hard to hit without knowing exact center. Re-make the zoom crosshair and allow it to be zoomed more. Make it fully hitscan --- Sniper in CS

2) Increase the ammo in stingray, or make it less costly to fire a secondary. As well as make secondary full hit scan, however increase the "reload" time to 1,5 seconds ~ like railgun in Quake.
    aka kHYRR73WHE
    superman
    Second Praetorian
    Second Praetorian

• Fossa wrote:^ yeh a beam weapon would be awesome, I don't want it to replace any of the current fire modes though.

I would prefer the main fire of the dragoneer to be a beam weapon rather than a boring flamethrower, the alt fire is ok tough
    pollo
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Alpha Spearhead
    Alpha Spearhead

• Ye. This game misses a Laser like weapon. Like Link gun second mode or Quake Lightning gun. !
    Quake Live: Boam
    Ghost Recon Phanotms/Online:[ruN] Vinvader
    majorMarkoff
    First Praetorian
    First Praetorian

• superman wrote:
    1) Remove the cross-hair from sniper

no. this is the exact reason arena shooter fans hate stuff like Cod, battlefield. There are a billion games where hipfiring with snipers is essentially useless. If that is what you want you have a billion choices to choose from. There are very very few games that have a zoomable semi automatic hitscan weapon that is effective when hipfired. This game was supposed to try and fill that void. Removing that would be 1 of the most counter productive things they could ever do.
    snugglecakes
    Legionary
    Legionary

• snugglecakes wrote:
    superman wrote:
    1) Remove the cross-hair from sniper

no. this is the exact reason arena shooter fans hate stuff like Cod, battlefield. There are a billion games where hipfiring with snipers is essentially useless. If that is what you want you have a billion choices to choose from. There are very very few games that have a zoomable semi automatic hitscan weapon that is effective when hipfired. This game was supposed to try and fill that void. Removing that would be 1 of the most counter productive things they could ever do.

I agree completely! The sniper should be perfectly accurate hip fired with the crosshair of your choice, no fucking bullshit that force you to scope in to use it. This is an arena shooter, shit like that has no place here! Next someone is going to suggest you move slower when scoped in, jeez!

Sting ray effects are fine as they are, though I'd remove the HS damage from the secondary and increase the projectile speed of the primary.

As for a beam weapon, the Violator plays that role, it may not be a beam, but it is a automatic hitscan weapon, so it serves the same purpose, with a slightly different visual. Though I assume it will be OP as fuck on large maps considering how ridiculously good it already is on Foundation. Personally I don't think it needed the buff it got.
    Litego
    First Praetorian
    First Praetorian

Next

Return to FEATURE DISCUSSION

Information