[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TOXIKK Forum • View topic - First TOXIKK 1v1 Semi-Tourney Results

First TOXIKK 1v1 Semi-Tourney Results

Suggest New or Discuss existing Features and Feature Tweaks

• We held a mini-tournament earlier today for 1v1 (maxed a server to 2/2). We had fun and learned a few things we need to smooth out.

1) We couldn't set a max of 2 players in game and another max for spectators
    2) We need an option to join the server from spectator
    3) In the server browser view, it'd be nice to see current score, stats for each player, etc
    4) A warm-up mode would be nice, with a 'ready up' option
    5) Viewing text before game starts and in warm-up mode without pressing F3 would be nice
    6) Menu option for Players to map vote / restart a map

These aren't high priority necessarily at this point, just browse them and see if there's anything you haven't seen yet.

Hopefully the community mutators / SDK will help smooth some of this too.
    Competitive veteran from the UT series

Toxikk North American Community - Pugs/Scrims on IRC:
    http://webchat.globalgamers.net/?channels=TOXIKK
    RoOkIe
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• I hosted the game here along with the Toxikkahn Servers and we had a few hiccups...partly due to my inexperience and having to feel my way around it, but nothing we couldn't work through.

I did have an issue with setting the password. Even the simplest password would not be recognized when players tried to log in, so we had to run it without one. Which led to another issue...

Since we suspected we could not have the game set to 2 players with unlimited ghosts (didn't have time to test it) we initially wanted to set the server to have 16 players with a password (2 players and the rest ghosts). This way those who showed interest to ghost would know what was going on because we could explain as we shared the password. But for some reason we couldn't get any more than four on the server (2 players and 2 ghosts) before it rejected people. I tried "admin addbots 1" to add a bot and new player slot but that didn't work like it had in other servers...maybe due to the human player count of only two? So stupid me opened it up to 16 players without a password and immediately some people logged in to play and then got booted when I had to shut the server back down so we could finish up...my apologies guys. Definitely 2 players with unlimited ghosts would be great...especially in archrival mode!

We ended up handling a lot of the things Rookie mentioned above through chat where we would vote on maps, I would "adminrestartmap" after a warmup, "adminchangemap" between games and whatnot. Not that big of a deal since we were winging it, but it would be nice if an admin's log in was persistent through an entire gaming session. Every time another map started (either after an intermission or a map change) I would have to re-log in as admin to perform tasks. Not that big of a deal I suppose, but given how crappy I type on my laptop keyboard and how it was sometimes confusing when I was typing in chat vs. console (except at the end of the game) I ended up messing with the flow of things. In retrospect I would use a macro or keybind for these inputs and/or make my password easier to type.

Joining the match directly from ghosting mode and vice versa would be great. It was a little clunky leaving the game and logging back in again.

But beyond these things it was quite manageable and fun working through the process. :D
    neoKahn

game over...moonpie.
    neoKahn
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

TOXIKK Modding Team: now in the
    Check out my latest BL maps - , , and !
    Chatouille
    Kkontributor
    Kkontributor
    General
    General

• Great info. I didn't even know about the maxspectator setting...I will be checking that out.

Thanks Chatouille!
    neoKahn

game over...moonpie.
    neoKahn
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Return to FEATURE DISCUSSION

Information