[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TOXIKK Forum • View topic - Colour blind mode?

Colour blind mode?

Suggest New or Discuss existing Features and Feature Tweaks
Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:13 am

• Hey guys. I'm known as Andy on the Steam forums and through discussions with Equim we both decided this would be a handy thing to discuss, as because of this people can't play certain games with it and if people are looking into features that makes Toxikk stand out, it would be a good one to have.

So. Here's what I was thinking, games like Battlefield and Borderlands have a colour blind mode. Battlefield goes in depth with it and has three options to pick from (

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Colorblind_Mode

http://imgur.com/gallery/iBRGY

Where as if I remember rightly Borderlands has a couple too and allows you to make your pickups and items glow a different colour.

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1128

I myself have issues seeing certain shades and types of colours. Blue/purple, Black/Grey and Orange/Red being the main ones .

I know of other people who have issues with colour deficiency so that they can't see specific colours, Equim told me someone on his streams can't see the colour Green all too well.

I apologize for the English links (Incase anybodies English isn't too good) but I think it's a pretty major feature to have on the PC side.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/colour-vis ... ction.aspx

Edit: Also a good IGN (I know) article on this, with a pretty interesting comment section

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/07/14/5 ... -blindness

What do you Dev's/fans think about this?
    Fisheth
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Second Praetorian
    Second Praetorian

Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:12 am

• In theory this shouldn't be needed in Toxikk as the teams are red/blue and unlike battlefield there are no green hud markers, correct? Color vision issues are usually red/green, no? Can any colorblind people comment as to whether they have had issues with differentiation in Toxikk?
    REAKKTOR STUDIOS - - -
    Lethargy [KK]
    General
    General

Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:14 am

Streaming Toxikk and other stuff over at
    Equim
    Kkontributor
    Kkontributor
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:56 am

Fisheth
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Second Praetorian
    Second Praetorian

Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:06 pm

• I have a hard time with red/green and blue/purple and all other colors are a bit drowned out but i see stuff in the game fine.Color blind mode doesnt seem like a very needed feature ATM to me :)
    REVcomm
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Chief Mercenary
    Chief Mercenary

Return to FEATURE DISCUSSION

Information