[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TOXIKK Forum • View topic - list of necessary features

list of necessary features

Suggest New or Discuss existing Features and Feature Tweaks
Wed May 20, 2015 5:10 am

• Hi there. I quite liked this game, but here I have a list of things that could improve much more, some of the these things are little details, but in my opinion makes the game much more enjoyable:

HUD

-There should be an indicator of your available jumps for the jetpack.

-the main menu, should have static bigger buttons, and a little further apart, to make easier to choose.

-the font in the chat should distinguish between uppercase and lowercase

-The final text in a game(you have won the match VICTORY), is too centered, they should be a bit higher on the screen, to see your character.

-is quite difficult to read the chat in game, if you have a low resolution on your screen, I suggest a clearest type of font.

KEYS.

- The option to use the jetpack with a different key is needed, because if you have to perform a double jump, a jump with the jetpack is wasted.

WEAPONS

-Mele gun should produce an instant impact, with damage of at least 100 hp, right now is a useless weapon

-I like the current weapons but Would be awesome something like the shock rifle to execute combos(some of my friends from UT3 dont want to try the game yet for lack of a weapon like that).

-the primary fire of the flamethrower should be as the lightning gun in quake.

ARMOR

-Even if your armor is full, you should be able to catch it, to prevent your enemy take the armor

-Small pieces of armor and 50 armor should reappear every 30 seconds or so.

-CTF should have energy vials, to increase the time of camouflage, (max 200) maybe 5 seconds, which can serve to infiltrate in the enemy base, it would be an excellent substitute for the UT translocator.

Movement

-The reset time between dodges should be a bit shorter.
    Pannekoek36
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary

Wed May 20, 2015 8:19 am

• me and a friend were just talking about the jetpack - it should work as a Press and Hold action, Press = Jump Double Press =Double Jump OR Press And Hold For Jet Pack =) also I agree the melee weapon sucks (the alt fire repairs vehicles or something i think though which is cool) but I think the melee option needs to be like a lunging type action for sure
    ItzAllXero
    Legionary
    Legionary

Sat May 23, 2015 12:53 pm

• HUD

* All Weapon Heat indicators (+ Rhino Nitro boost) replace numbers with progress bar

* Different color for certain levels of Ammo, Health, Armor, Overheating etc; Low levels, Critical levels , Boost Mode

* When you press G and Streamer is not availbable (or Cloak), give some indication for too low Energy

* Maybe add a number to Secondary Ammo (f.ex. how many Violator grenades left)
    griseraner
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary

Sat May 23, 2015 3:51 pm

• TEAM GAMES - Automatically assign players to teams with SCS levels in mind to avoid stacked teams. I know it's not possible when joining an active game but it should be no problem when a new match starts.

VOTING - I know this is coming but how specific will it be? Other than voting on maps and game modes, I'd like to be able to vote for the removal or addition of bots. It's annoying when you enough players on a CC server (8 for example) and there still remains a ton of bots.

RAVAGER - When repairing vehicles, can we get some sort of indication (% or #) of how much is being repaired? Because right now it'll keep repairing (and using up your energy) even after the vehicle is back to 100%

SCOREBOARD - I think suicides should result in a -1 from your kill count in addition to deaths. Other than that, PLEASE update CC SCOREBOARD to AT LEAST show the # of cell captures a player gets. Also, can you show on the scoreboard WHO currently is holding the cell (small icon next to name or highlight player name) This is very important for some people and plays a big role in this game mode. Please don't confuse this with showing in-game WHERE the cell is; that should stay as is.

EDEN ENERGY - in vehicle CC mode, what do you guys think of an automatic full (100%) recharge upon getting a kill? I think it can be too advantageous in any other game mode, but in vehicle CC it would be a nice reward to hop right back on your streamer if you managed to kill someone who tried to take you down.

CERBERUS ALT FIRE - Can we get an option to automatically fire once locked on? Depending on your keys configuration it can be difficult to simultaneously hold down secondary fire and press primary fire.
    "I ain't afraid of no Quake"

Butane
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    General
    General

Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:12 am

• No one has anything to add or comment on these lists? C'mon...

Butane
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    General
    General

Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:42 am

U̶n̶r̶e̶a̶l̶ ̶T̶o̶u̶r̶n̶a̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ Toxikk mapper and modder..
    Polkadot Cadaver
    L3 Founder
    L3 Founder
    General
    General

Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:00 am

• Agreed. It'd be nice if you could shoot while driving instead of turning into a sitting duck in order to shoot.
    Then again, I've heard the vehicles in Toxikk are just there 'for the heck of it' so they're not a priority at the moment.

There's also no mention anywhere about more vehicle maps; only a massive map for 16 player. Which is a shame because Twin Peaks is amazing and I'm curious to see what other designs for vehicle maps they could come up with.

Butane
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    General
    General

Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:20 pm

• I hope the vehicles are not just an afterthought. :no:
    U̶n̶r̶e̶a̶l̶ ̶T̶o̶u̶r̶n̶a̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ Toxikk mapper and modder..
    Polkadot Cadaver
    L3 Founder
    L3 Founder
    General
    General

Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:51 am

Shazbot!
    BogiBoy
    Apex Predator
    Apex Predator

Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:33 am

• Here's a few more:

GAME MENU

* Being able to go back and forth with sidebuttons of your mouse for quicker navigation (Mousebutton4 mb5 iirc.?) Kinda like internet browser

* I only recently discovered that you can customize you own suit color/clan tag etc, how about showing the personal suit (with animation 8) ) on the startmenu instead of the default one

* Global chat box which shows amount of players online

* Friends list (I think someone mentioned it already, is social platform planned for 1.0?)

* Ingame chat should be separated from Game log, I would prefer it underneath and not so colorized, enemy playernames could be in red though

* Player killed Player2 messages all to the right of the screen perhaps? With kill weapon icon instead of too much text..
    griseraner
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary

Next

Return to FEATURE DISCUSSION

Information