[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TOXIKK Forum • View topic - Weapon Switch Speed and Others

Weapon Switch Speed and Others

Suggest New or Discuss existing Features and Feature Tweaks
Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:58 am

• Please speed up weapon switches, even a few mili seconds would make all the difference. Some of the pick up/switch animations also take several seconds these could be shortened too. I don't use pickup on walkover but it would be handy to those who did.

Along the same theme make the spawn animation shorter so we can start shooting faster.

Jumping out of water! I get stuck and need to go to the edge and kind of glitch myself out of it. Super annoying please let us double jump out.

Nerf the rocket launcher. Somehow. Nothing too drastic it has a nice feel to it. Maybe give it half the ammo supply, make ammo less easy to get or simply take the damage down. It's just spammed too much!

Give the starter pistol a better secondary, maybe a machine gun that shoots very quickly and uses up the ammo fast. Something that allows us to get back into the fight with half a chance.

I would like to stream this more, please add a fullscreen borderless window option.

The whole empty servers issue has obviously been discussed by everyone. Either take the price down or at least give it a mega sale for the weekend. Run an advert on the front page of steam for a couple of weeks. It needs a push.

Thanks, I hope some of these could get addressed soon!
    centipede
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary

Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:51 pm

• I totally agree about the general need for animation speed increases, to improve fluidity and reduce frustration. Please consider increasing the weapon switch speed a bit and the spawn weapon load animation a lot !

And DEKK has really made it apparent to me that the run speed needs increasing by 10% - the game is still a little sedate for a twitch arena game. Particularly as the skill system is already in place to protect newcomers.
    Skaldy
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:29 pm

• At least we get the jump boots, which are taken from ut3 but also feel like the speed boost from 2004.

The double damage -I'm assuming it's double I haven't done any numbers tests - is nice but it's the same red as everything and just looks like a health pack, I ran over it by accident. It should stand out more and be slightly harder to reach, there's a spawn point right next to it. It would be better if it spawned about 30 seconds into the match so there's no unfair advantage right from the start.
    centipede
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary

Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:35 pm

Wolfie
    Chief Mercenary
    Chief Mercenary

Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:03 pm

"I ain't afraid of no Quake"

Butane
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    General
    General

Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:22 pm

Wolfie
    Chief Mercenary
    Chief Mercenary

Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:29 am

• The reason I like this game is because it's so much like the older ut games, if they take some inspiration from different aspects I don't care :)

It's still early access so of course a lot of things will change, we can help the developers by giving them suggestions about tweaks.
    centipede
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary

Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:40 am

"I ain't afraid of no Quake"

Butane
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    General
    General

Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:18 pm

centipede