[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TOXIKK Forum • View topic - About the portals

About the portals

Suggest New or Discuss existing Features and Feature Tweaks
Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:28 am

• Hello to everyone, I do not know if this request is possible in the UDK. Anyways, I would love to see seamless portals in Toxikk, something like this:

or

Also seamless portals does not disrupt your previous movement to the teleportation, I mean don´t affect your dodges or mid air movements, with any unpredictable alteration to your velocity when you use it.

This feature was discussed in ut forums too : https://forums.unrealtournament.com/sho ... ess+portal

Cheers :)
    axis-z
    Spearhead
    Spearhead

Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:38 am

• I remember in Ued 3.0 (UE2) we could make seamless portal zones like this. I don't remember exactly how, but unless they regressed, it should still be possible...

It was also possible to place camera-like actors in the map and display what the actor was seeing (in real time) on a surface (screen/monitor/whatever), so it should also be possible to use this with an almost-regular teleporter.

As far as I can tell the teleporter on Dekk does not disrupt your movement - you can dodge through it and append your doublejump on the other side. This gets trickier when the teleporter has to change player's rotation though.

Update: after looking a bit it looks like I was talking about WarpZoneInfo, and indeed it was removed. However I found these two tutos that might be interesting. They both describe the same method but one has the images and the other explains better...

That one explains the theory like why you need 4 portals per portal :ugly:

That one has the images working so is easier to follow :
    TOXIKK Modding Team: now in the
    Check out my latest BL maps - , , and !
    Chatouille
    Kkontributor
    Kkontributor
    General
    General

Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:58 pm

• Oh Thanks, I'm glad to know that, I hope it does not affect much the FPS. the only problem I see is that can only pass the projectiles. I will try.
    axis-z
    Spearhead
    Spearhead

Return to FEATURE DISCUSSION

Information