[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TOXIKK Forum • View topic - Can I change pickup glow?

Can I change pickup glow?

Suggest New or Discuss existing Features and Feature Tweaks
Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:03 am

• I'm seriously having a hard time distinguishing the various ammo and health pickups from each other. Is there any way I can change what color they glow or something? It seems like almost all of them glow red and tend to hide their shape with the glow, meaning most of the time I'm just running towards the nearest glowey thing and hoping its what I need.

If I can change the color of individual pickups that would make identification a lot easier.

This game is pretty dang fun though, just having a hard time finding some online games.
    The_Xavious
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:57 pm

• I agree that it is a bit hard to differentiate the different pick-ups at first. Unlike some other games, we decided to go with "realistically looking" pick-ups, instead of big symbols (which would be very easy to identify). It'd say it was more of an aethetically inspired decision, where we wanted to make the pick-ups appear less "clunky".

I understand that it can be irritating at first, but the more you play, the more you learn to "read" the game's design. I'm not saying that your suggestion isn't worth considering, but having a working system in place already (and knowing our limited resources), there are more pressing things to be implemented first.
    REAKKTOR STUDIOS - - -
    Sharkster [KK]
    Reakktor Studios
    Reakktor Studios
    Emperor
    Emperor

Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:35 pm

• I'm ok with realistic design, I just think changing up some of the colors would go a long ways towards clearing things up. Maybe make the health glow green, Falcon rounds glow purple, Cerberus rocket glow white, etc. Wouldn't need a total overhaul on the designs, just change up the glow color, it'll instantly give you a clear idea whats what in the heat of combat. I don't actually think customizing the glow for each individual's preference is a good idea, I just wasn't sure if there's was anything already in place.
    The_Xavious
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:19 pm

• That's actually a good idea. I'll check if we can squeeze this into our schedule.
    REAKKTOR STUDIOS - - -
    Sharkster [KK]
    Reakktor Studios
    Reakktor Studios
    Emperor
    Emperor

Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:28 am

• Sounds great! I'd say the health items would be the main ones to change, since health packs can show up anywhere depending on where you kill someone (kind of throwing map familiarity for a loop), and they share a similar profile to both the shotgun shells and the falcon mags, its easy enough to grab one thinking its ammo.

UT04 had a pretty good setup for item clarity, with health items always being blue, armor always being yellow, and weapons having their own colors. I think it worked pretty good without having to really compromise aesthetics, and the more ways you can improve the visual clarity without making it look like crap, the better, I say.
    The_Xavious
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

Return to FEATURE DISCUSSION

Information