[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TOXIKK Forum • View topic - Raven Tweaks

Raven Tweaks

Suggest New or Discuss existing Features and Feature Tweaks

Should the Ravager (Pistol) be changed as suggested below?

make it so
83%
don't care
No votes
leave it as-is
17%

Total votes : 6

Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:17 pm

• I suggest the following changes to the Raven (Pistol):
    - remove the cooldown/spread from primary fire, but increase the reload time a bit to compensate.
    - either set ammo to infinite, or add a small amount (e.g. 10) of Ravager ammo to all other ammo pickups (or some other way to fill up the ammo again)

Currently only the first shot hits accurately. If you keep shooting without waiting for a certain cooldown time, the following shots will spray around the target. IMO the Ravager could become a generally useful weapon when the spread was removed. Increasing the reload time should help avoid spamming and make sure the Falcon stays the primary sniper weapon.
    Last edited by PredatH0r on Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Kkontributor
    Grand General
    Grand General

Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:59 am

• I'm all for this, especially the idea of making the ammo infinite. But in all honesty, I've found the Ravager pretty useless to begin with. I miss the infinite-ammo Raven...

MFG38
    Centurion
    Centurion

Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:07 am

• stupid me....
    The poll was supposed to be about the Raven pistol, but I wrote "Ravager" instead (=drill+welding tool)

hope you guys are not as confused as I am
    Kkontributor
    Grand General
    Grand General

Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:18 am

MFG38
    Centurion
    Centurion

Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:55 am

• To be honest, I don't think the raven should be comparable in accuracy to a sniper rifle, scope or no.

As it is, you can hit people with the raven with accuracy you wouldn't expect from a pistol.

The real problem I think is, I've posted this somewhere before, sorry to repeat myself, the thing I don't like is the Falcon isn't sufficiently high-enough likelihood of killing someone that I can take the risk of using it.

I don't have this problem, but I suspect even the guys who are good with the Falcon are also so much better with the other weapons that they still wouldn't use the falcon except to show off or have fun. Maybe I'm wrong.

Except where you're camping and have your shot lined up and are protected from close-in melee situations, then you'd use it. Maybe that's the only time you should.
    ttqz
    Legionary
    Legionary

Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:57 am

MFG38
    Centurion
    Centurion

Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:07 am

• Thinking about it again, I have to agree with you.
    The starting weapon should not be anything that you WANT to fight with. First task after spawning should be evading fire and stacking up, not sniping players somewhere in the distance or stealing a frag when other players are in a fight nearby.

The falcon is my preferred weapon and I think it is good as it is.
    It deals 70dmg with a body hit and 140 with a headshot. I am not a fan of 1-shot-kills in general. With the current damage numers you can survive 2 body hits or one headshot when you have a 50 armor, which makes sense to me. Otherwise collecting armor would be kind of pointless.
    The original Q3 railgun dealt 100dmg, but that was quite overpowered. In QL the railgun deals 80dmg, but there is no extra damage for a headshot.
    Kkontributor
    Grand General
    Grand General

Return to FEATURE DISCUSSION

Information