Discount skill class from beating bots

Suggest New or Discuss existing Features and Feature Tweaks

• Hi,

Can you discount the skill class earned from playing against bots?

It's embarrassing to get a skill class of 8 from playing matches against SC 5 bots and beating them 30 kills 6 deaths, then get beat by Real Humans(TM) with skill classes of 5 and 6.

My match SC was 4, which I'm probably a 5, but I'm not arguing. I beat one of the guys. And my ping was higher than theirs.

I just don't wanna look like a super god when I'm not. Can you do that?
    ttqz
    Legionary
    Legionary

• Yeah I think that sounds like a good idea. I was also placed into sc8 but did fine against sc9s. If anything, maybe increase difficulty of bots when your rank is higher than theirs.
    Desender
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Chief Mercenary
    Chief Mercenary

• Desender wrote:If anything, maybe increase difficulty of bots when your rank is higher than theirs.

That's not a bad idea but would probably only work for offline mode. You'd think the players would do this manually but...

Desender wrote: I was also placed into sc8 but did fine against sc9s.

Yeah I played a bit against you tonight. You're like a steady SC 10 maybe even SC 11 player. If you kept playing against real human players that's probably where you'd end up. The bots are pretty good to get a general idea of your SC level but only playing against real players will you get a more accurate SC level rating. If I had kept playing against you tonight I'd probably drop down to an 8 maybe even 7.

I don't think it's a good idea idea to rule out the SC rating from beating bots.
    "I ain't afraid of no Quake"

ImageImage
    The Gravel Pit - Steam Group
    Butane
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    General
    General

• Butane wrote:If I had kept playing against you tonight I'd probably drop down to an 8 maybe even 7.

Haha I don't think that would have happened at all. You were beating the crap out of me :cry:
    Desender
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Chief Mercenary
    Chief Mercenary

• Desender wrote:
    Butane wrote:If I had kept playing against you tonight I'd probably drop down to an 8 maybe even 7.

Haha I don't think that would have happened at all. You were beating the crap out of me :cry:

hehe.. that's only because I know where all the powerups are. :D I could tell you have way better aim and movement than me.
    "I ain't afraid of no Quake"

ImageImage
    The Gravel Pit - Steam Group
    Butane
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    General
    General

• Same prob here.
    The game skill level for me is 8? I think, and when the REAL level 8s come along I become a smudge on the floor
    ImageImage

The one that spends more time on the forums than in the game
    Gecko
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• Butane wrote:
    Desender wrote:
    Butane wrote:If I had kept playing against you tonight I'd probably drop down to an 8 maybe even 7.

hehe.. that's only because I know where all the powerups are. :D I could tell you have way better aim and movement than me.

Haha! I know the feeling. Timing the power- ups and locking them down is the only thing that saves my ass half the time! My aim sucks.
    neoKahn

game over...moonpie.
    neoKahn
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• People are so unnaturally godly at this game, I practice against Godlike bots because, if I cannot beat Godlike bots whats the point in playing Online with Multi Player until you can destroy Godlike bots you shouldn't even try to play Multiplayer IMO
    Leader of
    Sober
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Apex Predator
    Apex Predator

• Godlike bots are difficult for a whole other set of reasons...none of which translate well into beating real people. There is no substitute for playing against and getting comfortable with real players. The key is to find the right players...you want to find people that really challenge you but not destroy you 30-0. A steady diet of the right competition and you will improve much faster. :)
    neoKahn

game over...moonpie.
    neoKahn
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Return to FEATURE DISCUSSION

Information