Mapvote - ShieldJump - Hidden Weapons - stuff..

Suggest New or Discuss existing Features and Feature Tweaks

• Evening, just wanted to put forward a suggestion or two, the first one is prob the only thing that bugs me in the game, Mapvote

1st: Request: I'd rather mapvote was more like this... (please excuse the very professional image editing.. :no: )

I do like the idea of how it is now, been able to vote different gamemodes on 1 map icon, but on a server with lots of maps, its a pain in the arse for me to scroll through them one at a time to get to the one I want, I 'd rather see a much larger selection in 1 go, and scroll that...

2nd observation more then request - when voting custom gamemodes like TAM, in single player there is no option to vote to play tam again in the map vote? i have to restart in single player again and choose a different map? might just be me.. but from what i saw it wasnt possible.

3rd: Request: Stats page, I'd like a screen that shows player acc/kill stats/damage done/taken etc It's not an amazing thing thats needed, but would be a nice addition.

4th: Request: Hidden weapon setting, i know it has been requested before but I will ask again anyway, even if its an unofficial one that still displays the hands, configurable via config file, i got it binded to work atm but its still annoying when the weapon appears now n then.

5th: Doubt it will happen.. but i miss the shield/impact jump... would be nice as it adds another element to the game.. alt fire on buzz saw.. charged up a shot which blasts you up.. tbh i assume you have already considered something similar and decided against but dont ask, dont get.

6th: Observation - lack of maps.. again its something you are more then aware of, but would it be possible for some user made maps to be official? or at least used on the official servers when you can gain xp from them? Or just allow xp to be gained on server with custom maps and certain mutators, ut2k4 had a whitelist system, if you could have "whitelisted" maps and mutators that can be run on the server and not stop the xp system i might actually get to top rank :eek:

that's about all.. for now :) congrats on making a decent game, im glad you made something worth playing :)
    ~}TCP{NightMan
    NightMan
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

• might as well just use this more as a nightman wish list..

1 - Server Browser - I do not want to go into the "server details" screen to make a map a favorite, would it be possible to make it so on the list of servers you can click on the star icon to add/remove favorites? jumping in and out of the servers to highlight favorites after every update is a tad annoying - while on the subject of fav's possible to make the "internet/lan" drop down have a "favorite" drop down also?

2 - Bot orders - attack, defend, On me, On your own <<-- would be nice, to do to all would be lovely, to do to individual bots would be amazing.. i know its not really needed.. but I'd like to feel like they are doing what i want them to when i play offline.. mainly the cc maps.

3 - Symbols in names - I'm a pain, i use "»NightMan" as my name in-game.. game doesn't like it! every time i load the game i have to add the » else i get a collection of symbols instead

4 - Contracts - once you have completed contracts, if you go back and play them again, when you complete a map, there is no "next contract button" would be nice to have one rather then back to the main menu

5 - Contracts Info / world infomation - I never read the mission brief in any contract, tbh i didn't notice they were even there for awhile - I know the focus of this is mp, but a voice overlay that reads the description might make the world feel a bit more real.. or a cinimatic intro that kinda explains the world (intro for game load or 1st contract) having a world which has some feeling behind it would be more interesting then just knowing its red and blue, I'm not even sure i can pronounce the two sides correctly... You've got the background info on the website, having like a matinee intro would be pretty nice..

6 - Was thinking about contracts and things you could add to it, not 100% sure if these are good ideas or just me thinking but thought i'd post..

6.1 - Coop Contracts - form a party and fight bots to complete a contract list - humans 1 side, x3 bots the other or something similar - prob alot of work for not much use

6.2 - Weekly contracts - have a contract page that updates and players get extra points for completing it, this could branch into two ways, an offline one similar to the one now, maybe a bit smaller, just a few maps, or an online "contract - kill 500 players with the cerberus, you have 1 week" gain xp for completing.. payday2 has a similar system to get people to play different maps and try for different achievements, "help a team capture 20 cells" etc..

6.3 - Allow users to create contract lists - with map choices, bot skills, bot names etc all done by the user, no xp gain etc but would allow someone to make a selection of maps and link them up with a little story.. just a thought.. Would also mean users could make time trial contracts etc too

7 - Zoom on sniper - any chance to make a setting so if enabled, when you hold zoom on sniper it auto zooms in, rather then wait for scroll wheel?

8 - The in game chat doesn't connect - (in main menu chat)

9 - Assist kills.. kinda pointless if you don't have them on scoreboard? or do you get xp for them.. need to check..

The 6's are me going off on one.. but i thought it would be interesting.. "Frag PredatHOr 20 times and receive 400xp" :twisted:
    ~}TCP{NightMan
    NightMan
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

Return to FEATURE DISCUSSION

Information