General CONFIG settings for better gameplay

Gamers help Gamers. Tips and Tricks. Official Guides etc.

• Xacius wrote:This thread can serve as a compilation of useful config settings for Toxikk. Here's what I've found so far. If anyone has additional config settings that they'd like to share, please feel free.

[DEV NOTE: The title "General CONFIG settings for better gameplay" goes unacknowledged. It might as well mean uglier, slower and less features for your gameplay. We've incorporated a few comments with the suggested INI changes below. If you edit your config files, you do this at your own risk and you need to be aware of the fact that theres no official support for problems resulting from these modifications.]

First, all config files are located in the game's install directory. If you installed through steam, it's probably here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\TOXIKK\UDKGame\Config

//remove intro videos for faster loading
    UDKEngine.ini
      bForceNoMovies=true [DEV NOTE: This also deletes the in-game loading screens, i.e. you'll no longer see the map name and the game mode being loaded.]

//Disabling weapon switch on pickup, adjusting or removing weapon-bob, and removing screen-shake on land.
    UDKGame.ini
      bNeverSwitchOnPickup=true [DEV NOTE: This should be done through the in-game menu.]
      Bob=0.000
      bWeaponBob=false
      bLandingShake=false

//Mouse stuff
    UDKSystemSettings.ini
      OneFrameThreadLag=False [DEV NOTE: This might cause heavy performance drops!]
      UseVsync=False [DEV NOTE: This should be done through the in-game video options menu.]

//Visual settings (also in UDKSystemSettings.ini):
      StaticDecals=false [DEV NOTE: This also deletes useful in-map markings!]
      DynamicDecals=false
      UnbatchedDecals=false
      MotionBlur=false
      DepthOfField=false
      AmbientOcclusion=False
      Bloom=false
      bAllowLightShafts=false
      Distortion=false
      FilteredDistortion=false
      SpeedTreeLeaves=false
      SpeedTreeFronds=false
      LensFlares=false
      FogVolumes=false
      MotionBlurPause=false
      AllowRadialBlur=false

//Disable mouse smoothing and mouse accel.
    UDKInput.ini
      bEnableMouseSmoothing=false [DEV NOTE: Unnecessary. Mouse Smoothing is always off.]
      MouseAccel=0.000000 [DEV NOTE: This should be done through the in-game menu.]

//Shift-dodge user? Do this to disable the double-tap dodge:
    UDKInput.ini
      DoubleClickTime=0.000000 [DEV NOTE: This should be done through the in-game menu.]

Some of these settings were taken from the following site:
    http://www.nimbleminds.eu/forum/communi ... ikk-tipps/

Figured I'd share and increase awareness.

Are these still good up to date changes or are there better visual settings changes now? Thoughts / Suggestions / Opinions???
    ItzAllXero
    Legionary
    Legionary

• It's up to you.

There are plenty of INI tweaks on these forums that configure the game more the way we like it. Or improve the performance. However, there are also plenty that are no longer correct, or advisable, or relevant.

Personally, I don't think it would take much for the devs to make the default settings better (Vsync OFF, max FPS at video mode's rate etc.) and make more UI options available (WeaponHandPreference, WeaponBob etc.). Then far fewer people would be scratching around in the INI files.
    Skaldy
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• I completely agree with that, and will be doing everything I can to make sure it happens. Right now dev time is going into other things, but it's something that is on the horizon I believe.
    REAKKTOR STUDIOS - Homepage - KK on Twitter - KK on Facebook
    Lethargy [KK]
    General
    General

Previous

Return to GUIDES AND HELP

Information