General CONFIG settings for better gameplay

Gamers help Gamers. Tips and Tricks. Official Guides etc.

• We will offer an alternative simple dot in the center of the screen as a crosshair in future builds. And... btw.: The problem with the disappearing crosshair after Falcon scope should be fixed with the coming patch.
    REAKKTOR STUDIOS - Homepage - KK on Twitter - KK on Facebook
    Sharkster [KK]
    Reakktor Studios
    Reakktor Studios
    Emperor
    Emperor

• Sharkster [KK] wrote:We will offer an alternative simple dot in the center of the screen as a crosshair in future builds. And... btw.: The problem with the disappearing crosshair after Falcon scope should be fixed with the coming patch.

Any possibility of a few more options? A small, simple cross, or a dot with a line on either side of it?
    ticklemyiguana
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Alpha Spearhead
    Alpha Spearhead

• add "cross1" from ut2004 plz ;x

and allow us to choose colour for crosshairs
    DeSPerado
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Apex Predator
    Apex Predator

• DeSPerado wrote:add "cross1" from ut2004 plz ;x

and allow us to choose colour for crosshairs

This! I love that crosshair :D

I would ask that for future crosshairs, can they be made with two colours (black dot with white border, or yellow cross with black border etc). Having two colours means you will always be able to see your crosshair, no matter what colour the background is.

Currently the all white cross works well in the dark environment of Foundation, but I don't imagine it will be very useful on the snowy maps where the background is going to be mostly white.
    Zalamael
    L3 Founder
    L3 Founder
    Centurion
    Centurion

• ya, being able to adjust crosshair size also would be nice. the current one is pretty big
    Shook
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary

• Sharkster [KK] wrote:We will offer an alternative simple dot in the center of the screen as a crosshair in future builds. And... btw.: The problem with the disappearing crosshair after Falcon scope should be fixed with the coming patch.

Seriously, a simple dot isn't really helpful as you're spending way more time to look for that dot on the screen than aiming otherwise. I would also (as suggested elsewhere) prefer a faint circle with a dot in its center. I really hope there will be more crosshair options in the future.
    Coco
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• Don't start implementing new crosshairs and stuff like that.

Actually the crosshairs are fine as they are and everyone can hit with them decently. Really no need to start customizing in and out. Moreover everyone is using the same crosshairs if there s no possibilty in changing => that way no one can have an advantage choosing a special crosshair.
    lights
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

• lights wrote:that way no one can have an advantage choosing a special crosshair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8I9pYCl9AQ

I think crosshairs are really personal taste- and a taste that's shaped by proficiency with them. It may take some menu work, and it's in no way a priority, but Toxikk is trying to be its own game. It's not adding classes or health regen or any other nonsense when we allow for customizable, even deeply customizable crosshairs. Hell, I'd love to be able to customize the crosshairs for each and every weapon to my liking, just like many of us here tweak our .ini files as it is. I want my Stingray to have a dot in between two horizontal lines. I want my Falcon to have a dot surrounded by a circle, with three dots touching the edge forming an equilateral right side up triangle. I want my Bullcraft to roughly represent the spread of the bullets as a scattering of dots, and the Cerb to be a diamond with the corners shaved off around a central point. The dragoneer is all I'd be ok with having a simple dot, but you don't have to use my crazy crosshairs. They work for me. It's kind of a synesthesia sort of deal, and everyone feels it differently.

In fact, forcing a single type of crosshairs gives an advantage to whoever feels them best- but that's a weak argument. Just maybe a thinking point.
    ticklemyiguana
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Alpha Spearhead
    Alpha Spearhead

• OneFrameThreadLag=False

nonononono

OneFrameThreadLag=True or you get bad FPS on Twin Peaks!
    hej
    L4 Founder
    L4 Founder
    Second Praetorian
    Second Praetorian

• hej wrote:OneFrameThreadLag=False

nonononono

OneFrameThreadLag=True or you get bad FPS on Twin Peaks!

Actually I have this set to false and haven't noticed any change in performance on either map.

I'd suggest to people try setting it, just know if you do experience a drop in performance, this is likely the culprit.
    MSV
    First Praetorian
    First Praetorian

PreviousNext

Return to GUIDES AND HELP

Information