OFFICIAL: How to set up Dedicated Servers

Gamers help Gamers. Tips and Tricks. Official Guides etc.

• Ninja_Freak wrote:Guys,

Is there a minimum spec for the LAN pc?

I have a good connection and a spare PC.

NF

Just try and see what happens man >=)
    "I ain't afraid of no Quake"

ImageImage
    The Gravel Pit - Steam Group
    Butane
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    General
    General

• Butane wrote:
    Ninja_Freak wrote:Guys,

Is there a minimum spec for the LAN pc?

I have a good connection and a spare PC.

NF

Just try and see what happens man >=)

True dat
    Ninja_Freak
    Chief Mercenary
    Chief Mercenary

• Hi there,

i would setup a server on one of my hardware machines. I am hosting Arma 3 servers, but there are some sponsor servers which are unused.
    I would set them up for the following reasons:
    a) Testing - Which test scenarios do you need. Inform me.
    b) Performance optimization: Are there existing performance measuring tools. (Threads, utilization on process level)
    c) I need a complete list of parameters and a documentation of config files and external tools / addons which help me to debug / test.

Can you help me out with the missing information?
    I think our community is not interested in toxikk. But i want to help kk. It was a great time with them.
    In conclusion: If you need structurized testing. Give me some info what to test in the server releases and how to track the errors / performance, than i can help.

Regards
    Dirk
    HatchetHarry
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

• Thanks for the whole HowTo! Just one additional question, why there is no LAN Support neither trough original ServerLauncher nor the ServerManager?

It was no problem to add some lines of code to the bat files, but I wanna know why there is currently no official support.
    Jas0nGER
    L4 Founder
    L4 Founder
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary

• Example: Cell Capture with 3 Players vs. 6 Bots
    How to set up in the console/Server. How can i switch a Player in an other team? How can i set an Bot in a specific Team? "Addblue/red/bot x" has no function!

Greetings LK
    LKrieger
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

• HatchetHarry wrote:Hi there,
    a) Testing - Which test scenarios do you need. Inform me.

Hi Dirk. Would be great if you could add automatic demo recording to compare how usable the replays with real players are compared to demos with bots recorded during bootcamp. You can do so by adding "?demo=x" to the command line, and than upload such a demo here (replays are stored in a "demos" directory on the server).

Many thanks
    UT3VegasKill
    Second Praetorian
    Second Praetorian

• My clan is now at the point of dumping the game and moving to the new UT.

Why you might ask? The lack of server support.

The main reason I sold it to our community is the LAN and dedicated server capabilities. However, we have not been able to get this sorted on our hardware configuration. All ports have been double checked and are working fine. Firewall rules are in place. Unfortunately we can only see and not join our server.

Before I give up altogether, does anyone have any tips? I've read it all and watched it all..
    Ninja_Freak
    Chief Mercenary
    Chief Mercenary

• NF,

I have a server here that is internet based and have no issues whatsoever, but whenever I try to run another computer as a LAN I can't get it to be seen and joined very easily. If I fiddle around with the windows homegroups rights and settings I can finally get it to go, but it is not obvious what I am doing that finally makes it work. So really all I can say there is maybe give this area a look and see what you can come up with.

However, if I ignore the homegroup nonsense and enter the IP direct for the sever on the LAN I can always get it to work...never an issue there. So that might be another option.

I have also gotten it to work by using tunngle as a LAN adapter over the internet and joining that specific IP as well. This kind of defeats the purpose of LAN though since it is actually internet based. Just a thought.
    neoKahn

game over...moonpie.
    neoKahn
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• Thanks neoKahn,

We have our own hosted dedicated box that we run a number of games on including CS:GO, Arma3, Need for Speed, etc. as well as TS.

Our problem is Toxikk on that box. Not sure about LAN yet as it's not until May (I think..). I'll keep your comments for when we get to the LAN and cross my fingers.. :D

I still see no good reason why we can't get it working. I'm just the game leader and not the server God. That's best left with those much more important and smarter than I.

I'd happily try to organize a meeting on TS if anyone who's managed to get a server running on a hosted server?..
    Ninja_Freak
    Chief Mercenary
    Chief Mercenary

• Ninja,

I have a Toxikk server here that is running well so I know hardware isn't an issue for me, but will try to create different servers with varying settings that will hopefully yield similar results to what you describe...can see the server but not join it. This is assuming it isn't strictly a hardware issue and is something else that I can replicate here on my box.

Do you know the specific settings that are being used in your server's .ini file?
    neoKahn

game over...moonpie.
    neoKahn
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

PreviousNext

Return to GUIDES AND HELP

Information