[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TOXIKK Forum • View topic - OFFICIAL: How to set up Dedicated Servers

OFFICIAL: How to set up Dedicated Servers

Gamers help Gamers. Tips and Tricks. Official Guides etc.

• Hi! I have a router (Speedport " 724V) and can not manage to forward the ports. There are 4 fields to fill. .... - .... and another one just like that. Any idea how should I set it up. Thanks in advance!
    Black River
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• I think a screenshot would be helpful here. Normally, the settings allow to forward a range of ports. In this case, you should enter 7777-7777 (one port only). The next field probably means to which ports at the target PC the incoming packets to the Speedport, port 7777 should be forwarded. Since the port numbers shall stay, you would enter 7777-7777 here as well. In any case, remember to select UDP (and not TCP).

Next, do the same for port 27015, i.e. 27015-27015 two times (also UDP).

That's all I can say without seeing the GUI. :)
    Coco
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Black River
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Coco
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• Hey thanks for your quick answer. I use the new way to start the server. Everything looks ok, but I still can not see it. Today come the last like out, but no change. The firewall is set up right. I really have no idea what am I doing wrong. Can you see my server - Black Server?

Black River
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• Yes I see it and I can join it as well. :) So everything seems ok...
    Coco
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Black River
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• This is exactly what the port forwarding is there for. People from the internet can access your router IP only. So in fact, your game server is accessed by using your router IP address. The port forwarding in the router then forwards the server request to your actual PC where the game server is running on.

However, even from within your LAN you can not join your server using your LAN address (most likely a 192.168.x.y or 10.x.y.z address). Instead, you have to use the server browser in the game to find your own server and connect to it this way.
    Coco
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Black River
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• Hmm, are you sure you didn't use any filters in the server browser (like gametype, etc.)? If there are no filters applied, I have no explanation for this, sorry.

Here's how I see it:

Maybe you can try it the other way around: Apply filters, so the browser should show your server with a few others (instead of all). For example, filter for type = Internet, game type = Bloodlust, show empty and unofficial servers. And of course refresh the server list using the button to the upper right.
    Last edited by Coco on Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Coco
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

PreviousNext

Return to GUIDES AND HELP

Information