[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TOXIKK Forum • View topic - OFFICIAL: How to set up Dedicated Servers

OFFICIAL: How to set up Dedicated Servers

Gamers help Gamers. Tips and Tricks. Official Guides etc.

Black River
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• Well, hopefully a developer got an idea then. I can only say that I see your server, as well as my own server created this way. And your server can also be seen by others it seems, because when I was there, 2 more players joined as well.
    Coco
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• Does peer port 7778 and beacon port 8777 advance in increments of 5 along with port 7777 and query port 27015?

Specifically, I have three machines here...two that we play/host on and another that is dedicated only. Machine one is set and forwarded to 7777, 7778, 27015 (defaults). Machine two is set and forwarded to 7782, 7783, 27020. The dedicated machine has three game servers and are set and forwarded to (server1) 7787, 7788, 27025...(server2) 7792, 7793, 27030...(server3) 7797, 7798, 27035.

Initially when looking at the automatically created engine.ini files in the dedicated server folders the peer port was set to 1 above the port for server 1 (in this case 7787 is where i have it starting, so the peer port was set to 7788), but did not advance for servers 2 and 3...they all remained at 7788 which was curious. I went ahead and adjusted these like above...7793 and 7798. Maybe these should have been left alone?

I am not sure about the beacon port (i don't even see where I would set this).
    neoKahn

game over...moonpie.
    neoKahn
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• I used to host a dedicated server when the game launched but ever since the first update (which included the ded. Server launcher) it appears no one can see my server on the browser or join. Some people have msged me when I was play testing the server asking where I'm playing because they can't join? Tried opening/forwarding various other ports even though supposedly the only ports we need are 7777, 27015, 7782, 27020 all UDP, right?

Is there a port to forward which I'm missing here?
    "I ain't afraid of no Quake"

Butane
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    General
    General

• Those are the UDP ports I am forwarding and it works well. I am forwarding another port per server too...peer port 7778, but it seems to work without this being forwarded.

In my limited experience with servers the only things I have found to prevent them from being seen are missing firewall exceptions (either windows or third party software), missing/bad port forwards and non-static IPs where DHCP keeps re-assinging the IP address and you end up with a mismatch for the port forward.

I am sure there are other things that can cause issues but I have not run into them myself.
    neoKahn

game over...moonpie.
    neoKahn
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• Port forwarding is working for all my other games and Toxikk was working fine until the first patch. Yesterday, however, I did notice the windows firewall had one of The Toxikk entries set to TCP so I changed to UDP. But still didn't work. I even turned off firewall entirely and all night no one joined the server so I'm guessing I still have something wrong.

I'll probably try once more tonight. Like you said, maybe I have some sort of other protection program runnin although I haven't installed anything new.

Butane
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    General
    General

• You probably have this loophole closed already...but do you run a static IP address?
    neoKahn

game over...moonpie.
    neoKahn
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Butane
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    General
    General

• I referred to the possibility of a loophole since DHCP can get around the port forwards by resetting the IP address without you knowing it...and as it turns out you had it set to be static, so you were already on top of it. :D
    neoKahn

game over...moonpie.
    neoKahn
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• Guys,

Is there a minimum spec for the LAN pc?

I have a good connection and a spare PC.

NF
    Ninja_Freak
    Chief Mercenary
    Chief Mercenary

PreviousNext

Return to GUIDES AND HELP

Information