[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TOXIKK Forum • View topic - Match startup lag- How to fix it?

Match startup lag- How to fix it?

Gamers help Gamers. Tips and Tricks. Official Guides etc.
Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:15 pm

• So I don't have the best setup, and therefore have the settings completely down, on a resolution of 1024/600p, with some extra things like bloom and lens flares disabled in the files. And for the most part, toxikk runs fine on every map, except at the beginning of every match, where I see a drastic drop in frames, causing me to be forced to pause the game, resulting in a significant disadvantage off the start. Is this just due to the map waying down my CPU as it loads in, or can this be fixed by some other method?
    A Halo player and youtuber, diagnosed with a serious case of TOXIKK.
    Twitter:-: http://www.twitter.com/HappyZoo5
    Youtube:-: http://www.youtube.com/user/HappyZoo5
    I have ability
    HappyZoo
    Apex Predator
    Apex Predator

• Just a thought but it may be related to texture streaming. Try disabling/enabling this in your settings and see if you notice a change.
    REAKKTOR STUDIOS - - -
    Lethargy [KK]
    General
    General

• I turned texture streaming on, and though the startup lag didn't go away, I noticed an increase in performance, though, still unstable due to my PC itself. Unfortunately, Toxikk crashes every match I try to play now.
    A Halo player and youtuber, diagnosed with a serious case of TOXIKK.
    Twitter:-: http://www.twitter.com/HappyZoo5
    Youtube:-: http://www.youtube.com/user/HappyZoo5
    I have ability
    HappyZoo
    Apex Predator
    Apex Predator

• Well that's not an improvement... sorry it didn't work :(
    REAKKTOR STUDIOS - - -
    Lethargy [KK]
    General
    General

Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:50 am

Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:59 pm

• The blur and visual effects will also cause a little lag.
    You can try disabling a few settings in the ini files. It also helped me allot :D
    http://www.nimbleminds.eu/forum/communi ... ikk-tipps/

Ive got crashes too. Here it always seems to happen during a reload action of my weapon, or the intro movie.
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz
    ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512mb)

It's my card, requirments are a 1GB cache gfx card.
    Soon i will get a new one xD
    - --
    isense
    Chief Mercenary
    Chief Mercenary

Return to GUIDES AND HELP

Information