What is the Falcon's Secret?

Gamers help Gamers. Tips and Tricks. Official Guides etc.
Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:00 pm

Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:26 pm

• After being destroyed by Falcon in online matches (some players have uncanny aiming with this weapon) I did some testing and Falcon is completely off for me.

Before I go to details regarding Falcon here are my settings:
    - mouse acceleration & smoothing OFF (windows registry, game in-is, mouse firmware)
    - weapon hidden & center fire
    - sensitivity 1, 6400dpi, 1000Hz
    - smoothed frame-rate 122 on 120Hz monitor, no V-sync, consistent 122 FPS
    - one frame lag is ON
    - FOV 120

Falcon is performing bad (for me) in any situation; ping > 100, ping < 100 and in offline game (zp). I'm missing point blank shots and having head-shots when my aim is at least 60 degrees off the target. It's happening on both BL maps equally. Two people watching the screen confirmed what I'm noticing.
    I played a lot UT3 stock sniper rifle and it was terrible weapon, but Falcon is redefining level of bad for me. Something is definitely not right...

Some players were dominating whole match with Falcon and I am getting RANDOM performance from the same weapon and IT IS NOT MY SETTINGS or AIMING...
    za00sa
    Apex Predator
    Apex Predator

Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:44 pm

• Here are my in-game mouse settings:

[Engine.PlayerInput]
    LookRightScale=0.000000
    LookUpScale=0.000000
    bEnableMouseSmoothing=False
    Bindings=(Name="MouseX",Command="Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX Speed=2.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="MouseY",Command="Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY Speed=2.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="LookUp",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=+25.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="LookDown",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=-25.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnLeft",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=-40.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnRight",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=+40.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)

[UTGame.UTPlayerInput]
    LookRightScale=0.000000
    LookUpScale=0.000000
    Bindings=(Name="MouseX",Command="Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX Speed=2.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="MouseY",Command="Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY Speed=2.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="LookUp",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=+25.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="LookDown",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=-25.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnLeft",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=-40.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnRight",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=+40.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    za00sa
    Apex Predator
    Apex Predator

Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:57 am

• I'm pretty sure for me its just my aiming. I watch as I miss and it kills me, because no matter what I do, its always the falcon. I am always bad with it.
    A Halo player and youtuber, diagnosed with a serious case of TOXIKK.
    Twitter:-: http://www.twitter.com/HappyZoo5
    Youtube:-: http://www.youtube.com/user/HappyZoo5
    I have ability
    HappyZoo
    Apex Predator
    Apex Predator

Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:39 am

• from WeaponHandPreference=HAND_Right it appears that the weapon fires and hits the center of the crosshair but it still feels better, at least to me, from the center.

Hidden weapon and center view changes in ini's do NOT work in online games, botmatch only. Hopefully Reakktor allows both in a future patch :)
    U̶n̶r̶e̶a̶l̶ ̶T̶o̶u̶r̶n̶a̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ Toxikk mapper and modder..
    Polkadot Cadaver
    L3 Founder
    L3 Founder
    General
    General

Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:15 pm

• Yesterday, I rebuild the RAID 0 (where TOXIKK is installed) and reinstalled the game from backup and... my problems are gone. TOXIKK appears to be faster and more responsive and I didn't change any settings. Also, I downloaded new NVIDIA driver and did fresh install.

Maybe RAID Was corrupted or previous driver was buggy, but it works now... and I'm getting hits with Falcon.
    za00sa
    Apex Predator
    Apex Predator

Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:12 pm

• I haven't bothered to read any of the other posts because im in a rush at the time im writing this xD.
    I also used to absolutey suck at the falcon so what i did was everyday spend 20 mins practicing with it, in bootcamp
    10 mins with normal time on god mode and with the loaded command and 10 min with the speed on 0.5 and all the other commands I just mentioned.
    The reason i play on slow motion is because it tells your mussel memory to think before you shoot not just going for a shot but going for a headshot. Also use your walk key when you are aiming at far a mid range other wise you will get into the habit of lazy aim.
    the commands are : loaded (gives you all weapons with inf amo)
    god (god mode)
    slomo 0.5 (put the game speed to 0.5)

you want to play with godlike bots (they have the most unpredicteble movement)
    and play on artifact (because its a good balance of medium and far range)

Note: do the slomo practice first overwise you will get used to the speed when going into a pub game.
    Ollyfin
    L4 Founder
    L4 Founder
    Alpha Spearhead
    Alpha Spearhead

Previous

Return to GUIDES AND HELP

Information