Custom hitsounds <3

Gamers help Gamers. Tips and Tricks. Official Guides etc.
Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:46 pm

• Seems like it's possible to import your own personnal hitsounds now ! :yes:

I'll quickly describe how to the whole process, skip those steps if you already have Sound Cues in UPK packages.

• Grab a hit sound in WAV format.
      You can use an online converter tool to convert to WAV, and reduce length if they are too long. You can also use Free Audio Editor which I find to be very useful :love:

• Open UDK editor, go to content browser (View - Browser Windows - Content Browser). At the bottom of the browser click on button Import. Navigate to your WAV sound and open it.
      In the Import window set Package = whatever you want, but something which won't be used by anything else. for example we'll use Package = MyCustomHitSound and Name = HitSound. On the properties below make sure bAutoCreateCue is checked :yes:.

• You can see two objects were created: HitSound and HitSound_Cue. Double click HitSound_Cue to preview your sound as much as you want :naughty:. You can adjust Volume with : right click - Sound Cue Node Properties : unfold SoundCue and there you can edit VolumeMultiplier (value between 0.0 and 2.0). I don't think you can edit PitchMultiplier though, as the game hitsound system will override it with damage.

• Once you are fine with your sound hit Ctrl-S to save the package. Change the name of the package if you like, it doesn't care :bored:. Put it somewhere so you can find it again :rolleyes:. Or navigate and save it directly into TOXIKK/UDKGame/CookedPC/.

When you made sure your TOXIKK CookedPC folder contains your package with your Sound CUE (important it has to be a Cue, what shows up as a SoundNodeWave in UDK won't work :ugly:), you can edit your TOXIKK/UDKGame/Config/UDKUI.ini and locate sImpactSound in [Cruzade.CRZInterface_ConfigContainer]. Set it to
    Code: Select all
    sImpactSound=MyCustomHitSound.HitSound_Cue
    (or whatever your package and cue names are)
    Save and you are done :!:

Note: store your line somewhere, because your custom sound will be erased whenever you go to the HitMarkers options page :twisted:. If it happens you will have to put it back again into the UDKUI.ini.

Here is the good old UTComp/3SPN hit sound :!: For those like me who can't stand anything else but this :D
    The ini line is
    Code: Select all
    sImpactSound=UTCompHitSound.HitSoundCue

Can't wait for the ridiculously stupid hitsounds you guys are going to come up with :yes: :D
    Last edited by Chatouille on Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
    TOXIKK Modding Team: now in the official Discord channel
    TeamArena is released (finally!) - get in on the Steam Workshop !
    Check out my latest BL maps - Akrone, Moov, and Eternity !
    Chatouille
    Kkontributor
    Kkontributor
    General
    General

Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:26 pm

• I wanted to make an tutorial for that but I guess I'm just too slow for you. ;)
    REAKKTOR STUDIOS - Homepage - KK on Twitter - KK on Facebook
    Lehnard [KK]
    Reakktor Studios
    Reakktor Studios
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:11 am

• I like the fact that you actually went ahead and made this public! <3

Lehnard [KK] wrote:I wanted to make an tutorial for that but I guess I'm just too slow for you. ;)

You should, as he has way too much time ;)
    Leader of
    stepotronic
    Kkontributor
    Kkontributor
    General
    General

Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:09 am

• Great work. What about the new changes to the hit-sounds? How will they affect the custom sound?
    Black River
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:05 pm

• The game hitsounds system centers the pitch at 50 damage.
    That means if you hit with raven/violator (~20 damage) the pitch will be around 2, and if you hit plain rocket or grenade (100damage) the pitch will be around 0.5. Unfortunately you cannot change that (yet?).

You can preview in UDK how it will sound, by changing the PitchMultiplier value in the Sound cue properties. However, you cannot change the way it is going to sound ingame (because, as I said, the game will override that value with the damage formula).
    If you really need to re-center the pitch, you will have to edit the sound at its source using an audio editor.
    TOXIKK Modding Team: now in the official Discord channel
    TeamArena is released (finally!) - get in on the Steam Workshop !
    Check out my latest BL maps - Akrone, Moov, and Eternity !
    Chatouille
    Kkontributor
    Kkontributor
    General
    General

Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:05 pm

• Is this still working for other people? I couldn't get it to work the first time I tried it, and I just tried it again with both the sample I wanted to use and pasted in the UT example in the OP and in both cases my hit sound never changed.

All I have to do is set "sImpactSound" to whatever the name of my hitsound is (i.e. "sImpactSound=UTCompHitSound.HitSoundCue") right? I don't have to edit or change anything else? Every time I try this and boot up a bot match my hitsound is the same as I had it set before.

EDIT: Never mind! There is another line in "Cruzade.CRZInterface_ConfigContainer" that has to be set to the same value as sImpactSound....

"HitmarkerSound" :grumpy:
    I feel little stupid for not seeing that before.

Once I figure out how to get the pitch centered the way I want it this is gonna be so great :D
    thall
    L4 Founder
    L4 Founder
    Spearhead
    Spearhead

Return to GUIDES AND HELP

Information