Quick Dedicated Server Question for LAN

Gamers help Gamers. Tips and Tricks. Official Guides etc.

• Greetings All. I just had a quick question and I apologize if it was already answered.

I was wondering if it was possible to add the bIsLanMatch=true command to the ServerConfigList.ini file so that I can run multiple TOXIKK LAN servers from the TOXIKKServerLauncher batch file? Given the way the file itself is formatted in a table for other values, I wasn't sure it it would work if I added that. Or, perhaps it can be added to another config file as a default server value?

I have been using and tweaking the original Launch Toxikk Simple Lan DedicatedServer batch file, which is great for one LAN server, but I would like to cleanly run several instances of them on LAN if possible using the TOXIKKServerLauncher.

Any help with would be awesome. Thanks in advance all :)
    gri3v
    L4 Founder
    L4 Founder
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

• Good question. I have never tried it myself. I would just give it a shot and see what happens.
    neoKahn

game over...moonpie.
    neoKahn
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• I just tried this by adding the bIsLanMatch=true to the Script\StartServer.bat file...the very last section that launches the server...and it appears to work fine. I started multiple dedicated servers that typically run online and with the bIsLanMatch=true added into the file the servers all launched local.

Next I also modified the StartServer.bat file to include a LAN setting (%Lan% = true or false) and inserted the option in place of the bIsLanMatch=%Lan%. This also seemed to work. :D

Next I need to see what happens when you actually try to join and play on them...may run into issues there...maybe not.
    Last edited by neoKahn on Sat May 30, 2015 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    neoKahn

game over...moonpie.
    neoKahn
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• OK...Well, all of that didn't go so well. Finally got it to work though.

My existing online server setup works great and I didn't want to risk screwing it up by trying to make them work for both LAN and WAN at the moment...I figured I could merge them later. So I simply copied all of the server .bat and .ini files into the same folder and renamed them by adding a "LAN" prefix. Now I could tinker with these files and not have to worry about any negative fallout.

I used the Simple Lan DedicatedServer.bat as the basic template for how the new LANStartServer.bat would launch each server. So in the LANStartServer.bat file I removed the ?steamsockets option and Steam query port (27015 series of ports) section from the .bat files but kept the game port (7777 series) section and added the -ConfigSubdir option to allow separate config file folders. I maintained the port forwarding I had been using for my online servers so they could be used for the LAN servers. I went through the .bat files and made sure everything referenced the appropriate "LAN" versions of the .bat files I had copied and then fired up all 10 of the configured servers just to see what would happen.

They seemed to come up fine, so then I hopped on my gaming machine and joined each one of the LAN servers to make sure they worked. They worked without any problems. :D

Here is a dropbox link to the files so you can see what I did...nothing complicated at all.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nyvdnahh7364y ... s.zip?dl=0
    neoKahn

game over...moonpie.
    neoKahn
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• Wow, thanks so much for this. Much appreciated! :)
    gri3v
    L4 Founder
    L4 Founder
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

• My pleasure gri3v! If you run into any issues just give a shout...we'll see if we cant work through them. :D
    neoKahn

game over...moonpie.
    neoKahn
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Return to GUIDES AND HELP

Information