How to play with 3 humans vs. 3 bots?

Gamers help Gamers. Tips and Tricks. Official Guides etc.

• I'm running my own private server and 2 friends of mine would like to play on one team with me vs. an entire bot team. However, only 2 of us can get on a team, because when the 3rd tries to switch (using the switchteam command), only a message "player requests to switch team" (or similar) appears, but nothing more happens. The other players also can't accept that request.

So my question is: Is there any way to do this?
    Coco
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• I believe the best you can do is with a 4 on 4 with you three on a team against 4 bots. You will have an extra bot on your team, but what the hey. :)

Here is what you will have to do. Start a server with 6 combatants and 3 humans. Everybody get into the game...it will be lopsided. From the machine that has only the one player on the team login in as admin. To do this from the console type "Adminlogin admin"

Then from that same computer depending on what color team they are on type one of these. "Admin AddBlueBots 1" or "Admin AddRedBots 1". Then type "Switchteam". And then add another bot to the team you just left to even it out.

This should create a game with four on each team...4 bots on one and 1bot and 3 humans on the other. :D
    neoKahn

game over...moonpie.
    neoKahn
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• I didn't run through every scenario, but i tried the killbots 2 and it killed all of them...not just the two i wanted. But that left only the one team with 3 human players. So i just added 3 bots to the other team and it was 3 on 3 bot vs. human. So it appears you can do it. :D

I do remember a while back trying different combinations of adding, switching and killing and it always kept re-balancing the humans from side to side and I could never get it to work. Not sure if the sequence of commands has to be just right or if something else changed in the interim.

Either way...it looks like you can probably get the combination you want you just have to keep tinkering with it.
    neoKahn

game over...moonpie.
    neoKahn
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I'm quite familiar with all of this since I'm running a public UT2004 server for some years now.

However, I've tried adminlogin <password> and admin addbots 2 or admin killbots 2 already and it simply doesn't do anything. I even completed the commands I type (using the tab key) in order to avoid typos.

Now that I think about it, it could probably be a password issue, because the password contains non-alphanumeric characters. Maybe Toxikk can't handle this correctly. Would there normally be a feedback line after an admin-login? Because whenever I log on, I can't really tell if it succeeded.

Anyway, I'll try out the suggestions you made and report back. Thanks again!
    Coco
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• Yes it sends a chat message when you login, just like in UT2004.
    Make sure you config the password in the UDKGame.ini in the right server config folder (CONFIGSUBDIR).
    Not sure about characters, but yeah you should only use simple ones :p if you have '<' or '>' characters that could be the cause, toxikk strips them out.
    TOXIKK Modding Team: now in the official Discord channel
    TeamArena is released (finally!) - get in on the Steam Workshop !
    Check out my latest BL maps - Akrone, Moov, and Eternity !
    Chatouille
    Kkontributor
    Kkontributor
    General
    General

• It was in fact the password. I've changed it now and everything works as it should. I also didn't see the admin login message before, so this indicates that I never logged in correctly. Too bad that you don't get an error message when trying admin addbots 1 without admin rights. This clearly would have helped... :p
    Coco
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Return to GUIDES AND HELP

Information