GameMode Name Change

Gamers help Gamers. Tips and Tricks. Official Guides etc.
Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:38 pm

• Maybe I'm just an idiot but I've tried everything to change the name of my gametypes so at the voting screen people can see if its normal bloodlust or if its instagib or team instagib but no matter what I do it always comes up as bloodlust or whatever the normal gamemode names are. I desperately want to change this so people can see the new fun choices instead of

Bloodlust
    Bloodlust
    Bloodlust
    Bloodlust
    Bloodlust

LoL it's killing me. Also like I said before maybe I'm an idiot but does the in-game hosting not work? My server works that I launch with the server launcher but not the in-game one where you can change all the good options. Another question is if I manually setup games and mutators through the config files how do I specify example one gun mutator to use the gun I chose and can I make it give random weapons on every spawn that would be epic!
    ItzAllXero
    Legionary
    Legionary

Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:34 pm

• For the dedicated server mutators configuration (like OneGun), see this post.

Regarding changing game mode names on the voting interface, this is not officially supported yet, but you can use my temporary workaround to enable it :

• download this mutator

• place it in your server's UDKGame/CookedPC folder

• enable the mutator. This can be done either by adding it manually into the server startup commandline (if you can figure out the batch mess of the server launchers, or easier if you start it up manually) :
      Code: Select all
      ...?mutator=DelocalizedVoting.DVMut?...

or by adding it into every voting configuration in UDKMapList.ini (but then it won't be enabled during the FIRST map) :
      Mutators="DelocalizedVoting.DVMut,..."

unfortunately I cannot support permanent ServerActors with that mutator.
    With that mutator enabled, the voting interface will now show exactly the text written in the GameName field of GameProfiles in UDKMapList.ini. For example:
    GameProfiles=(GameClass="Cruzade.CRZCellCapture",GameName="iCTF",MapName="CC-Sprinta2004_T1",Options=,Mutators="CRZMutator_Instagib,CRZMutator_RespawnDelay",ExcludedMuts=)
    This will show up as iCTF.
    TOXIKK Modding Team: now in the official Discord channel
    TeamArena is released (finally!) - get in on the Steam Workshop !
    Check out my latest BL maps - Akrone, Moov, and Eternity !
    Chatouille
    Kkontributor
    Kkontributor
    General
    General

Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:17 am

• Thank You Very Much! Got it working now I'm just trying out some other things like getting predators mutators working and how to use a mutator twice on a server with different settings - I know there's other posts out there about all these kinds of things but how difficult is it to get into making mutators? I've got so many ideas and a lot of time on my hands and just wish I could make them happen you know.
    ItzAllXero
    Legionary
    Legionary

Return to GUIDES AND HELP

Information