Server hosting problems.

Gamers help Gamers. Tips and Tricks. Official Guides etc.
Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:42 am

• So trying to figure out how to host a dedicated server I have run into some issues. First off I can use "launch toxikk simple lan dedicated server" to successfully run a lan server.

If I try to use "TOXIKKServerLauncher.bat" and use any of the ids or just hit enter it simply closes out and shows "<set was unexpected at this time"

I was also getting a udp error if I used the other 3 launch bats but that seems to have gone away.
    GSGregory
    L3 Founder
    L3 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:53 am

• Okay figured the problem out. The server config seems to have been left over from early access and was causing a crash, once I had it remake the config it worked.

The config though for setting up a server is well... a mess. Instead of being a unformatted mess of spaces it should be designed as such.

Map1name=""
    Map1Gamemode=""
    Map1Goalscore=""

Map2name=""
    Map2Game=""

This would make it much easier to deal with and look more organized.
    GSGregory
    L3 Founder
    L3 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:22 am

• That official launch script for servers is designed for simplicity I guess.

You can use my ToxikkServerPack for advanced configuration. It bundles everything needed to run a dedicated server with workshop content, i.e. a webserver to host auto-downloads for clients who don't have the workshop items installed.

The main advantage of the included ToxikkServerLauncher is that it keeps your own config separate from the game's standard .ini files, so you don't have to re-do anything when Reakktor releases updated config files. The launcher re-generates DedicatedServerX config folders every time, using the standard .ini files and then applies all the changes you define in the launcher's MyServerConfig.ini.
    Kkontributor
    Grand General
    Grand General

Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:05 am

• PredatH0r wrote:That official launch script for servers is designed for simplicity I guess.

You can use my ToxikkServerPack for advanced configuration. It bundles everything needed to run a dedicated server with workshop content, i.e. a webserver to host auto-downloads for clients who don't have the workshop items installed.

The main advantage of the included ToxikkServerLauncher is that it keeps your own config separate from the game's standard .ini files, so you don't have to re-do anything when Reakktor releases updated config files. The launcher re-generates DedicatedServerX config folders every time, using the standard .ini files and then applies all the changes you define in the launcher's MyServerConfig.ini.

Awesomeness. Thanks. This should make it much easier.
    GSGregory
    L3 Founder
    L3 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Return to GUIDES AND HELP

Information