Some impressions

Discuss everything related to TOXIKK
Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:31 pm

• So I played Toxikk with utter excitement and had some thoughts. I'm happy with the premise of the game. Clearly it's a UT clone of some kind but it's taking all the best bits into something fun. I did see the UT3 ripoff thread and tbh I don't mind it as much. It's an alternative, much like BF4 is to COD. Let the two co-exist.

Some random bits.

-Maybe it's Unreal Engine 3, but damn this game needs to be sharpened a little. It's quite muddy atm. I threw in Reshade (sweetfx 2) to tweek it a little but still.
    -It's obviously UE3 just from the graphics but it's still better than UT3.
    -The first map is pretty good and I can't wait for more. However right now it feels like me playing DM-Heatray from UT3 for the first time, right down to the same dancing holobabe. I did like the Rankin slopes though.
    -Music too serious! That's just me though.

UT4 is probably going to take a while to mature, so in the meantime I'm going to keep playing this. I'm happy there's servers filled with players already. I hope it stays that way.

The only feature request right now would be to have some sort of splitscreen option. It's not a big deal if it's not doable, but I had a lot of fun using UT3's hidden splitscreen feature while I played it.
    blackfish
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION

Information