[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TOXIKK Forum • View topic - Save the shotgun!

Save the shotgun!

Discuss everything related to TOXIKK
Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:38 pm

• So after the last patch i think the shotgun is the weakest weapon in the game. It was OK the way it was after the first time the damage was reduced. It was pretty good dodgable EVEN on the smallest map. I love this kind of weapons and tend to use it a lot. Now I do not use it at all. I use the fire weapons instead, because it is way stronger, quicker etc. There is no point to compare the shotgun and the violator or the stingray, because they are far far away in front of the shotty. Even the falcon wins against shotgun too often even in a shot range battles.

It is just too sad, what was done with the bullcraft, just because some people can not dodge. I am a casual player and it was not difficult for me to dodge 1-2 even 3 alternative shotgun shots. And this is a lot. In short range the shotty must be the king and it is useless, even for a shotgun-player like me.

So please Reakktor, do something. You know it was OK before the last patch. Make the range shorter or the spread brighter, no idea what, but do something.

And if someone want to tell me that I am wrong, let this person first explain why should I now use shotgun instead of eh fire thingy.
    Black River
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:01 pm

• Kind of agree. Wish it packed a little more punch...
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:52 pm

• not agreed. i think the shotgun this build has been the most balanced.
    Tobe_
    Alpha Spearhead
    Alpha Spearhead

Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:01 pm

• Are you kidding? The shotgun should never one shot someone even after they get a KEG, it was just stupid.

It's still extremely strong close up, 192 damage will one shot very often. Go ahead and get the 50 armor and health vials, you still die in one shot.

Easiest way to spawn rape people too, one click and they're dead most of the time.

And no, it's not very dodge able unless you clearly know they have it and you try your best to stay away. I have no issues killing anyone with it, you dodge and I follow with the shot.
    Competitive veteran from the UT series

Toxikk North American Community - Pugs/Scrims on IRC:
    http://webchat.globalgamers.net/?channels=TOXIKK
    RoOkIe
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:13 pm

• The thing is, you can't really "dodge" a hitscan weapon in the traditional sense, as you're not dodging any actual projectile so much as you're just messing up someone's ability to aim. If that opponent is good enough at aiming anyway, you simply cannot dodge it. Still, 192 damage is a lot. I don't know how you can think that is not powerful enough.
    Kothre
    Legionary
    Legionary

Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:50 pm

• The shotgun is not the strongest weapon in close range. It is useless. A shotguner like me does not use it anymore. Enough said! Why not making it pop up a flag with a BANG! on it?
    Black River
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:54 pm

• Come on the shotgun is still strong, u can't say it's underpowered now.
    Shit just got Unreal
    Speiderful
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Centurion
    Centurion

Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:23 pm

Black River
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:39 pm

REAKKTOR STUDIOS - - -
    Lethargy [KK]
    General
    General

Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:45 pm

Last edited by Speiderful on Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Shit just got Unreal
    Speiderful
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Centurion
    Centurion

Next

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION

Information