[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TOXIKK Forum • View topic - Playing matches with friends?

Playing matches with friends?

Discuss everything related to TOXIKK
Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:49 pm

• Outside of simply finding a server and having both you and your buddies join it, is there a way for my friends to join a game I've made via the "Host Game" option in the menu? I've talked some people into buying the game, and last night when we went to go and play the game together after I had setup a match, I was a bit distraught to discover that they couldn't find my lobby and join me.

So what gives? Do I have to go through the trouble of setting up my very own dedicated server to simply play a match with some friends using our own ruleset as well as bots, or is there a way to do it in a much easier fashion?
    Illuvial
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:42 pm

• As far as i know this isnt possible. LAN does work though, but for the internet part you need a own server. the feature to open own servers without hosting one would be pretty sweet, i would have needed it a few times before.
    Shazbot!
    BogiBoy
    Apex Predator
    Apex Predator

Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:01 am

• You can totally open your own server hosted locally, but you also need to open the required ports on router/firewall. 27015 for the server to show up on list, and 7777,7778 for people to be able to connect.

There is no system where you "create" a game but in fact is hosted on the company's servers, like in diablo games for example. And I don't think Toxikk would ever be like that because that's not how it works.

Right now, I can think of several ways you could play with your friends :

1. Join a public server together.
    pros: easy, free, nothing to do.
    cons: cannot configure anything (not that bad with mapvoting now though), other people may join (unless you find a server with the right amount of slots).

2. Configure your router & firewall to open ports 7777,7778,27015 and host server on your local machine.
    pros: free, fully configurable.
    cons: you will have zero ping while your friends may have high ping depending on your connection. Does not seem to always work - some people still cannot join unofficial servers for some obscure reason (something to do with DMZ routers...).

3. Rent a dedicated server and host a toxikk server on it.
    pros: fully configurable, good ping for everyone (theoretically).
    cons: expensive, plus you need a Windows server.

4. Ask a friend (or teh community :D) to set up one of his/their server(s) for your matches.
    pros: free, configurable.
    cons: must find somebody online who can do that :p
    note: please don't spam forum with such requests, use irc or steam chat...

5. set up some virtual distant LAN shenanigans with Hamachi or something similar, then host a LAN server.
    pros: free, configurable, no need to configure ports.
    cons: might be a bit complicated to setup, and still the same issue with pings depending on your net.

That's all I can think about off the top of my head for the moment :!:
    TOXIKK Modding Team: now in the
    Check out my latest BL maps - , , and !
    Chatouille
    Kkontributor
    Kkontributor
    General
    General

Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:58 pm

• If you all use TeamSpeak, you can coordinate either creating or logging into the same game together.
    Skaldy
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:07 pm

• I know its an old post, I am facing the same thing.

I have bought the game and i want to play with friends who havent so they can try,

can i just "invite to game" through steam ?
    thahgr
    Recruit
    Recruit

Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:47 am

• If you (or one of your friends) are/is on one of the official servers and that server runs one of the maps that are accessible with the free version, everyone else can right-click in the steam friends list and Join that game.
    The "Invite to game" should also work under the same conditions (public official server, supported map).

Unofficial servers can only be joined with the full game version.
    Kkontributor
    Grand General
    Grand General

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSION

Information