[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TOXIKK Forum • View topic - Recommendations for US hosting partners?

Recommendations for US hosting partners?

Discuss everything related to TOXIKK

• We are in talks with various US providers about the server hosting, but with no US residents on the team, we're having a hard time comparing prices and we also don't have any real experience regarding the reliability of these potential partners.

That's why we like to know, if any US residents of the community might be able to give recommendations, based on their personal experience with a specific provider.

We need Windows machines, to be totally configurable via remote consoles (without restirctions).
    REAKKTOR STUDIOS - - -
    Sharkster [KK]
    Reakktor Studios
    Reakktor Studios
    Emperor
    Emperor

• Hey Sharkster take a look on the Provider
    (Specially look on "Enterprise Hosting solutions! )

I rented in the Past an Server from them for the Game Contagion and I be verry delighted with them,
    because the Support of them is 1+++

Thats the best server i ever rented in my life and i am in order to customize everything and can install mods like sourcemod and rockthevote etc by myself or they install it for me if i had problems. I had all the time full FTP and console Access to configure what i want.

Hope i can help you with my Info ;-)
    "Alle sagten: Das geht nicht. Dann kam einer, der wusste das nicht und hat's gemacht."

SpeedyCat
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Grand General
    Grand General

• In a fast-paced game, servers with a high tickrate are a must. Way too many developers skimp out on server quality throughout the development process. Consequentially, these games usually fail because of bad hit reg, general lag, or both (regardless of how good their games are). You guys probably already know this.

With that in mind, I'd shoot for 128 tickrate, as it seems to be the best balance between affordability and performance. From personal experience, I'd choose a hosting provider with US East, US West, and US Central servers. Central servers are A MUST for competitive leagues, as East and West players can combine on a central server with relatively equal ping.

http://eoreality.net/ <-- rated highly in the CS:GO community, and has a lot of available locations.
    http://www.nfoservers.com/ <-- also a great hosting provider
    Streaming everything at http://twitch.tv/mrxacius
    Xacius
    Chief Mercenary
    Chief Mercenary

Leonhardt
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Chief Mercenary
    Chief Mercenary

• I used to host a Team Fortress 2 server on gameservers.com.
    They seemed to be the best when I bought my server (last year).
    zephroskash
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    First Praetorian
    First Praetorian

• I only have experience with Gamseservers and NFO servers. Both were positive, but I have never used any of these for fast paced servers. Any chance you can tell us who your EU partners will be? :D I even made that nice thread way back :naughty:
    Wobbley
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Centurion
    Centurion

• I'd go with eoreality they we're fantastic when I dealt with them for a competitive counter-strike server
    tian
    L3 Founder
    L3 Founder
    Recruit
    Recruit

• Just make sure the servers are in Chicago and Dallas those are the neutral points for US servers. It will gain the entire audience instead of just east or west and some in the middle divided. This would put everyone in the center and it would be much more active. If you have high tickrate and good servers there will not be any issues.

If you put it on the east or west the activity will be much less and not a good choice in the long run. That's what I suggest I have rented a server in a long time so I am not familiar with companies.
    Soulo
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Alpha Spearhead
    Alpha Spearhead

• DONT USE INTERNAP!!!!!!!!!
    "scrim? scrim? scrim? scrim? scrim? scrim?"
    -kOut. #1 NA Tribes Ascend
    LancerKagato
    L4 Founder
    L4 Founder
    Legionary