[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TOXIKK Forum • View topic - [NEWS] Dedicated Servers, Private Servers and LAN-Play

[NEWS] Dedicated Servers, Private Servers and LAN-Play

Official announcements from REAKKTOR Studios

• I have been playing unreal engine based games for a while and even have developed in them. I always liked the fact that you were able to host dedicated servers. Therefore I read that statement with high hopes. However you seem to misunderstand what dedicated means.
    Virtual shared hosting is not dedicated! Please don't make the same mistake promising shooters like Tribes Ascend were suffering from. Those servers were unreliable, started lagging at peak time and were ruining the game for the whole community and that lead to the death of the game (amongst other issues like the F2P crap etc).

I can understand the monetisation plan behind it but the unreal community has always been used to managing their servers themselves and that even helped to spark off a hosting business. From experience I think you should not underestimate the long term costs that are bundled with hosting virtual servers and maintaining them. It does not matter if you do it yourself or use a hoster for that.

If you however allow the users to maintain their servers themselves and have real dedicated servers, the game experience will also improved since servers can be found for clan-matches that have the best average ping or a fair compromise for both teams.

I would understand if you would host a few base servers for the community to start playing on. Allowing private servers that are hosted on appropriate root servers in countries the games are played in will allow the playerbase to grow into areas that are not having the best routing to central europe for example. A server hosting license with a masterserver should not be a problem in the unreal engine. I for one would be paying for such a license.

Regards,

Stepotronic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dedicated_hosting_service
    Leader of
    stepotronic
    Kkontributor
    Kkontributor
    General
    General

• - listen to ppl that really interested in a game
    - make constructive answers in short time
    - implement a "must have" features requested by community

that's how it should be done, and that's what i'm currently see here, keep it up!
    DeSPerado
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Apex Predator
    Apex Predator

• Must have features:

Toxikk as it would be + Dedicated servers + LAN = WINMONEY420MLGNOSCOPENUBWINWINWINGGINTERNET
    "The natural order of things has no room for hardscopers" - Yolo Swaggins, 1846

th3kru5her
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Grand General
    Grand General

• Yes, please have private servers! Lemme have it... I can take it!!!!! I have 2 dedicated boxes sitting next to me doing...NOTHING!
    flexserve
    L3 Founder
    L3 Founder
    Alpha Spearhead
    Alpha Spearhead

• One matter that must be put into this game is high tick servers. At the bare minimum of 101, an example of a bad tick rate causes issues like dying around corners, bullets turning into nerf darts and many other things that can ruin experiences with online multiplayer

there's many videos staring the issues of tickrates and this game would need a high one to be a great fully functioning game.

Who's with me on this one?
    rix
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

thall
    L4 Founder
    L4 Founder
    Spearhead
    Spearhead

• 128 tick or riot
    "The natural order of things has no room for hardscopers" - Yolo Swaggins, 1846

th3kru5her
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Grand General
    Grand General

• It is really refreshing to see a dev listen to its community closely and working on solutions and ideas. Big props to that, keep it up and be sure I am telling all my friends and our community about your game!
    marc
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary

• awesome the way you guys do this forum

ill buy mine next month
    Critalic
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

Flip
    L5 Founder