[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TOXIKK Forum • View topic - [NEWS] Patch #003, V0.75 CURRY is NOW live!

[NEWS] Patch #003, V0.75 CURRY is NOW live!

Official announcements from REAKKTOR Studios

• Although I'm a competitive player myself, I do feel at times competitive players bang the competitive drum as if there opinion is the only one that counts.

As you both rightly said above if it becomes purely a competitive game (like reflex is based on) it'l just attract mainly that type of player and die out quite quickly.

Competitive players need to take the tools of the game, and create competitive mods and basic comp settings for it, rather then expecting the game to be catered towards them, everytime I've seen the latter the game always suffers from a lack of players. Competitive players in there ignorance in general, kill games.

Of course I agree that the devs do need to contribute towards this (with maybe some basic mod like warmup/ready up mode), but to think they are going to create an esport environment for you is quite frankly not going to happen, especially not with reakktors team size.

For the record I think the devs are doing a great job, let's see how things are at May/June time once the sdkk has been out a month or two and the community starts contributing towards content and such. Let's also remember the game has been out less than a month in Early Access and what they have doneso far has overall been excellent.
    :]
    KojaK
    L3 Founder
    L3 Founder
    Second Praetorian
    Second Praetorian

Sav
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary

• I don't disagree, however I feel like drastic changes from a mod would only split the community if we have to go adjusting weapons too much, therefor I'm hoping there is a middle ground and we aren't completely split.

And to clarify, competitive play/esports are 2 different things in my mind, competitive is something that keeps people coming back for high level gameplay, the other is people playing it for money and when the money is gone, so are they.

People played UT99 for 10+ years without prizes, cuz it was a great game, and the competitive community sustained it with draft tournaments and leagues while others still enjoyed pubbing on CTF-Face and whatnot. It supported both communities without having to make drastic changes and it still had room for esports had it been a larger "thing" back then. Yes we relied on mods created by the community, for things like mapvote and some fixes, but the gameplay was mostly unchanged and we never adjusted any weapons (probably should have adjusted sniper, but the hitboxes were not fixable)

fatal1ty was streaming last night, he asked what the best weapon combo was, to which I replied "bullcraft and bullcraft".
    TOXIKK IRC NA Community and Pickup Games:
    http://webchat.globalgamers.net/?channels=TOXIKK
    chicken-
    Spearhead
    Spearhead

• Absolutely epic. Good work RS.

Storm
    Join Nerdcave UK now!
    Storm
    Second Praetorian
    Second Praetorian

• I don't disagree about the weapons either chicken, I'm sure they will come together nicely to please both crowds (which I believe they are starting to already, lot more work still to go but positive changes have already been made or are slowly being made, and embraced by the majority).

One thing to bear in mind is, in the past (UT99) there was never Early Access and there wasnt really the same level of interaction of player to devlopers like we have in toxikk, changes were done in patches, without the same level of interaction. You kind of used/adapted to what was given (weapon balance), so there was never as big an issue back in the day about weapon balance.

That's what I kind of meant when I said players need to use the tools at there disposal to create mods and maps, like utcomp for example in ut2004.

At the end of the day a game has to be fundamentally fun for people to want to play it, in my opinion toxikk is.

I would only say some of the competitive players may need to be a little bit more flexible in there discussions about weapons etc, so I agree as long as we can all mainly agree towards as middle ground as possible that both casual and competitive players enjoy. As long as the majority of that is fulfilled, there should be no reason for people to kick off or threaten not to play just because they dont get everything there own way, compromise is the key word here :).

I'm just glad the majority of people on this forum seem mature and can have positive discussion to drive the game forward.
    KojaK
    L3 Founder
    L3 Founder
    Second Praetorian
    Second Praetorian

• For the record, a mod with weapons changes is definitely not the way to go and would split people apart like you said. I honestly don't see the need though, all the weapons are coming along nicely, more work to be done balancing them of course, but it's going along the right track :)

I'll leave it at that lol.

I wonder how long it will be until we get the new Classic map?
    KojaK
    L3 Founder
    L3 Founder
    Second Praetorian
    Second Praetorian

• Having accumulated several hours playing the new patch, it seems to me the Streamer, being a crucial asset to anyone playing Twin Peaks, demands a slight increase in hover power, at the very least, to make it less vulnerable to impacts with the ground, especially when traversing uneven terrain which forces reorientation of the vehicle, as currently it frequently crashes on the softest of landings, rendering it grossly unreliable. I would, then, highly appreciate a response from a developer stating what adjustments can be anticipated to be made to the vehicle accordingly. :)
    Otaku Wizard,
    founder of FPS players clan
    Otaku Wizard
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

• I just bought that Game with the package of 3 Copies . I am an experienced player in Titanfall. we do have a Fun Clan website : www.itunrespawn.com I bought Toxikk game today and I already played for a few hours . Its my kinda game and i really want to get deep involved. So if you guys have projects running etc let me know I am in it . Feel free to contact me
    I want to support that game and help to develop it and to be a founder of this game . Great game keep up the good work

jamjakap
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz LGA 1150
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB)
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    EVGA 04G-2983-KR GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 ACX 2.0 PCI Express 3.0
    jamjakpa
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary

• sorry wrong spelling its www.itunerespawn.com .
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz LGA 1150
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB)
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    EVGA 04G-2983-KR GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 ACX 2.0 PCI Express 3.0
    jamjakpa
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary

PreviousNext

Return to ANNOUNCEMENTS

Information