[NEWS] Patch #005, V0.82 BASIL is NOW live!

Official announcements from REAKKTOR Studios

• TOXIKK PATCH #005, BASIL BUILD, V0.82
    RELEASE DATE: Mar. 28, 2015

GENERAL

This patch brings your V0.8 Basil Build up to V0.82. The patch primarily focuses on back-end fixes, clean-ups and balancing issues, but also brings new major features for the game options menu (such as the ability to set weapon priorities and a complete hitmarker menu where you can edit audio and visual hitmarker effects).

We have worked quite a bit with a focus group of very good players to fine-tune the weapon balance and believe that we're approaching a very well balanced weapon setup with this patch. We are excited to hear your feedback.

NEW FEATURES

FTR_01 - WEAPON PRIORITIES MENU
    You can now edit the weapon priorities to your personal preference in Options -> Game -> Weapon Priority. So when you switch (or auto-switch) to "best weapon", it'll bring up the weapon you've given the highest priority.

FTR_02 - HITMARKER AND HITMARKER EDITOR
    We not only added audio and visual hitmarkers to the game, but also implemented an editor that allows you to customize them to your own preferences. It works a lot like the crosshair editor. You may also choose from a big variety of hitmarker sounds. Known bug: Sometimes the hitmarker effect displays on err. This'll be fixed soon.

CHANGES

CHG_01 - VIOLATOR (ASSAULT RIFLE) BALANCING
    While the fire rate of the Violator's primary fire was increased by 10%, its damage per projectile was reduced by from 23 to 20. The fire rate of the Violator's secondary fire was reduced by ~6%. Initial pick-up ammo count for the Violator was raised from 40 to 45. Violator SFX were also reworked to give it more of an own acoustic character (i.e. to differentiate it further from the Stingray).

CHG_02 - HELLRAISER (NUKE WEAPON) AUDIO OVERHAUL
    The SFX for the Hellraiser were completely reworked. The weapon is now considered final.

CHG_03 - CERBERUS (ROCKET LAUNCHER) CHANGES
    The travel speed for standard projectiles (rockets) was lowered by 20%, while the speed for guided missiles (missiles fired once a vehicle is locked on) will now accelerate from the new standard speed to 20% above the original maximum speed. The lock-in process (acquiring targets) for the guided missiles was reduced from 1.5 to 1.0 seconds. Damage was increased from 85 to 100. Maximum ammo count was reduced from 25 to 20.

CHG_04 - WALL DODGE Z-VELOCITY RESET
    The negative Z-velocity (gravity) used to be carried over through all wall dodges, so it was one downward movement over a sequence of wall dodges. Z-velocity now gets reset with every wall dodge which allows for longer wall dodge sequences.

CHG_05 - WEAPON SWITCH TIMES
    Equip and put down times for all weapons was decreased by another ~15%.

FIXES

FIX_01 - BANSHEE (HOVER POD) QUICK DESCEND
    The "quick descend" feature of the Banshee that allowed you to squash enemies underneath the vehicle was accidentally removed from the alt-fire key (default: right mouse button) with the last patch. This was fixed.

FIX_02 - RAVAGER (OMNI DRILL) FIXES
    Due to flawed normal textures on the Ravager, it got wrongly lit. This was fixed. The weapon also got new sounds for equip, lower and the drill running. Its implementation is still not final though (i.e. it still doesn't work as intended). Full functionality will come with 0.85.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

FINAL NOTES

That's it for the fifth patch (the last one of the Basil generation). Coming up next is V0.85 Parsley Build which will be announced separately. Expect it to come in early April (first half).
    REAKKTOR STUDIOS - Homepage - KK on Twitter - KK on Facebook
    Sharkster [KK]
    Reakktor Studios
    Reakktor Studios
    Emperor
    Emperor

• The Hitsounds need a pitch modifier (deaper when it deals more damage), and we should be able to adjust the sound.
    Assuming you are using a SoundCue
    Code: Select all
    HitSound.PitchMultiplier = 60.0 / float(Damage);

Otherwise <3 Thank you so much.
    Violator primary sound is too loud, but it sounds better.

The Z-Axis change needs some getting used to, but I believe it benefits the game greatly.
    Last edited by stepotronic on Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Leader of
    stepotronic
    Kkontributor
    Kkontributor
    General
    General

• Yo, My 2 cent on this patch:

love the cerb change
    Violator sound .... Plz :no:
    Hitmarker sound slider plz, can barely ear some of them.

:D
    Thyrax
    Recruit
    Recruit

• Just quick feedback based on what I already knew and stuff.

Violator sound.
    I'm not a fan of it. Having tested the old one with the speedshot upgrade, which is.. 2x as fast, right? It still sounded fine, I don't know if that is because it is fast enough to go past the issues you experienced. I'd say that this new sound would fit better on something like the Phantom, because it just sounds more like a helicopter shooting you or something. (Based on other games)

Hitmarkers/sounds
    Good stuff, adding a volume slider would be good.
    I know you're aware of the "ghost markers". It's not a too big of an issue for me. Because they mostly happen while you're not shooting anything anyways so well, it's pretty obvious you weren't hitting anything. Had something to do with packages being resent, I believe?
    Streaming Toxikk and other stuff over at Twitch
    Equim
    Kkontributor
    Kkontributor
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• Cerberus - OP! Violator - OP! Both were lot better before this patch. Also I do not like the new Violator sound. The one for the Hellraser is very nice. Also the hit-markers ... I would like something more realistic.
    Black River
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• Black River wrote:Cerberus - OP! Violator - OP! Both were lot better before this patch. Also I do not like the new Violator sound. The one for the Hellraser is very nice. Also the hit-markers ... I would like something more realistic.

The violater sounds like a minigun which makes no sense but its far from op. one hit kills with the cerberus is just annoying
    twm
    Legionary
    Legionary

• what happened to this:

BUILD: V0.85, PARSLEY, DATE: MARCH (SECOND HALF)

DESCRIPTION:
    Fourth Major Public Build, 5 Maps, 5 Game Modes, 9 Weapons

TEST FOCUS:
    Advanced tweaking of weapon balance and movement in small, medium and large maps, final implementation of ranking system, new victory ceremony, map voting, general feature discussion and tweaking

NEW MAP(S):
    Futuristic Tech Laboratory
    (Classic Map, Designed for up to 8 Players)
    Cambodia Jungle Environment

NEW GAME MODE(S):
    AR – Arch Rivals (Duel)
    LS - Lone Survivor (Last Man Standing)

NOTES:
    This update comes with two maps: Since the weapon balance, movement system and all general features should be pretty much polished at this point, we can focus on implementing more content. The two game modes (AR and LS) are based on already implemented game modes, so we don't expect them to be too test-heavy. We also plan to address the release of the SDKK with this update, to enable the community to build own content for the game.
    asus sabertooth - 8.1 - air 540 - i7 3770k - H100i - vengence 32g - ssd 256g - 2x 600g raptor raid 0 - 2x gtx 780 ti oc - iHSb212 bluray - zxr w/5.1 klipsch pro media - K70 keyboard & M65 mouse - g25 - hpc platinum 1300w - asus pb278q 2560x1440@85hz
    uglykidmoe
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary

• uglykidmoe wrote:what happened to this:

DESCRIPTION:
    Fourth Major Public Build, 5 Maps, 5 Game Modes, 9 Weapons

TEST FOCUS:
    Advanced tweaking of weapon balance and movement in small, medium and large maps, final implementation of ranking system, new victory ceremony, map voting, general feature discussion and tweaking

NEW MAP(S):
    Futuristic Tech Laboratory
    Cambodia Jungle Environment

NEW GAME MODE(S):
    AR – Arch Rivals (Duel)
    LS - Lone Survivor (Last Man Standing)

NOTES:
    This update comes with two maps: Since the weapon balance, movement system and all general features should be pretty much polished at this point, we can focus on implementing more content. The two game modes (AR and LS) are based on already implemented game modes, so we don't expect them to be too test-heavy. We also plan to address the release of the SDKK with this update, to enable the community to build own content for the game.

This is what has been said about it so, it is coming.

Lethargy [KK] wrote:So people aren't feeling anxious regarding the release date, I can tell you that 0.85 will most likely come out in around 2 weeks (insert UT joke here). We will, however, be releasing a smaller balancing and features patch within the next few days.
    Streaming Toxikk and other stuff over at Twitch
    Equim
    Kkontributor
    Kkontributor
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• uglykidmoe wrote:what happened to this:

This (quote from the roadmap):

Martin [KK] wrote:Besides the below listed major builds, we'll also continuously deploy small updates and critical hot fixes. This roadmap is a rough estimation. The list is in a constant flow and will be updated regularly.

We'll define a final release date for Parsley soon. Expect it to come within the first half of April (as already said in the final notes of the V0.82 patch description above).
    REAKKTOR STUDIOS - Homepage - KK on Twitter - KK on Facebook
    Sharkster [KK]
    Reakktor Studios
    Reakktor Studios
    Emperor
    Emperor

Next

Return to ANNOUNCEMENTS

Information