[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4701: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4703: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4704: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4705: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
TOXIKK Forum • View topic - [NEWS] Patch #005, V0.82 BASIL is NOW live!

[NEWS] Patch #005, V0.82 BASIL is NOW live!

Official announcements from REAKKTOR Studios

• Just one more thing. In close range the projectile speed does not matter at all. But if you guys like it, it is OK with me. I use it now too. Maybe it is just me, but for me personally it is the easiest weapon. On a full server, a multi kill is not a problem. Maybe I am too good with it or too lame with the rest of the weapons.
    Black River
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• RL is now better but imo this 20% change in travel speed isn't really even enough to spot. I would reduce it by another 20% and i think then it would start to show up. Feels to me that it's still too fast and because of that, ppl will just spray and pray because it is so easy to use.

40-50% reduction should be clearly noticeable difference..
    rip quake
    spessu_sb
    L2 Founder
    L2 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• a poll setup for the speed ?
    - --
    isense
    Chief Mercenary
    Chief Mercenary

• So... I actually just registered to voice my opinion on the Cerberus matter.

I, too, think the Cerberus is currently overpowered and easily the cheapest weapon in the game, and it annoys me to no end that I keep dying to it again, and again, and again. (Often more than half of my deaths are just due to the Cerberus.)

I am fine with having a powerful weapon in the game, that may even one hit kil you on a direct hit, however, this should require at least some skill and not just mindless spamming (as currently). (Since usually, even after a non-direct hit, the second one usually follows immediately after.)
    The slower projectile speed is definitely a step in the right direction, and I thank you for it.

But don't forget that there's more variables than damage per shot and fire rate: There's also respawn time and ammo count. Max-ammo has thankfully been reduced, but that's not really addressing the issue, since most of the time, you won't have the maximum amount of ammo, anyway. I propose reducing the respawn rate. Currently a Cerberus respawns after 15 seconds, right? (I'm not quite sure, I don't use it, so I don't know the number :D) Maybe increase that to 25 and see what happens?
    It would definitely prevent the problem of smaller servers where inevitably half the players end up with a Cerberus.

Furthermore, the rocket launcher ammo pickup could provide you with less missiles (e.g. 3 instead of 5). This makes managing your shots and therefore hitting a lot more important.
    Vetinari
    Recruit
    Recruit

Streaming Toxikk and other stuff over at
    Equim
    Kkontributor
    Kkontributor
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• Nvidia 3D Vision runs now very good. But i need an Option deactivating the ingame crosshair. Need 3D Crosshair from 3D Vision Settings, to aim.
    SavageSkull
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

REAKKTOR STUDIOS - - -
    Lehnard [KK]
    Reakktor Studios
    Reakktor Studios
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• I tried the new updates just now in some matches.
    Pretty much is all fine and a good update, so ty devs!
    I still have to speak about the Cerb... way to overused, spammed etc.. as i said before.
    The sound of the violator is too much minigun-like =|
    GozOfMetal
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary

• Loving the new sounds, especially the violator, it sounds BEAST! also really glad to have the weapon priority. Helped IMMENSELY!

Thanks guys!
    Irondog55
    Chief Mercenary
    Chief Mercenary

PreviousNext

Return to ANNOUNCEMENTS

Information