[NEWS] Patch #008, V0.88 PARSLEY is NOW live!

Official announcements from REAKKTOR Studios

• Tobe_ wrote:this is what the server browser of dirty bomb looks like. a game with 63 metascore on steam. i tested it too and it sucks. im wondering how they managed to get that many players into the beta and why noone is playing toxikk despite of it being a much better game.

To be fair, during the true alpha & betas of Dirty Bomb there would be at most one active server for a few hours each night (even when thousands of people had backer & giveaway keys).
    It's an unspired f2p objective shooter with collectibles, unlocks and pseudo moba mechanics on top, stuff that is popular now, backed by Nexon's advertisement machine (and it's still somehow drags nostalgia from previous SD titles playerbases).
    Reakktor is relatively unknown in comparison.
    Image - 2014/2015
    MrFunkyFunk
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Spearhead
    Spearhead

• EduCatOR wrote:
    To be quite honest tho, I have never bought into the whole rocket launcher = spam theory. Rockets have been a staple of aFPS since it's inception. This is the first community I've been a part of that has been so negative towards rockets. Goal is to get the best weapons/items and the most kills so I say do what you need to do. Some people are brutal with rockets but that's just part of the game. My rocket game is actually just ok, pretty wild sometimes. lol I laugh when I think about what other players are thinking when Im shooting rockets to the left of them, then the right, then short, then long, etc. lol It's not them even jukin me, just me missing.

If there's a full game and people are running all over the place, you bet I'm going to be looking for those double, triple kills. :love: just my opinion on the matter. When we're on artifact I'll try to nuke you guys too. :naughty: I laugh when I get 'knocked out' by the blast or end up having to shoot it into a wall close to me to kill the entire room of people. So basically what I am saying is I don't expect people to 'put away' weapons to make me feel better. Playing against people like Panyk when he has rockets makes me a better player in the long run so I'm cool with it. Frustrating as hell sometimes but that is aFPS for you.

A diminishing mega health might be something worthwhile to try.

I come from a Quake/duke nukem 3d background and have always loved the animations/sounds/knockback with rockets so I may just be biased towards them. I really enjoy the heat seekers in Shadow Warrior. :D Hope to see you around in the servers!

Hehehe. Apparently not many people here have played, or are fans of, Rocket Arena (Quake) That was my introduction to "duel" game mode back in the 90's.
    "I ain't afraid of no Quake"

ImageImage
    The Gravel Pit - Steam Group
    Butane
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    General
    General

• EduCatOR wrote:Thanks, and no worries neokhan. I had actually just played almost entire games practicing with the falcon before you joined in, that's why I asked who you were talking about lol.

I was just ranting in general, but i do believe I took delivery of a number of your rockets! Maybe it was just people testing out the new rocket speed, but man every server I joined was a rocket-fest it seemed and being punted around was getting old! LOL

EduCatOR wrote:To be quite honest tho, I have never bought into the whole rocket launcher = spam theory. Rockets have been a staple of aFPS since it's inception. This is the first community I've been a part of that has been so negative towards rockets. Goal is to get the best weapons/items and the most kills so I say do what you need to do. Some people are brutal with rockets but that's just part of the game. My rocket game is actually just ok, pretty wild sometimes. lol I laugh when I think about what other players are thinking when Im shooting rockets to the left of them, then the right, then short, then long, etc. lol It's not them even jukin me, just me missing.
    If there's a full game and people are running all over the place, you bet I'm going to be looking for those double, triple kills. :love: just my opinion on the matter. When we're on artifact I'll try to nuke you guys too. :naughty: I laugh when I get 'knocked out' by the blast or end up having to shoot it into a wall close to me to kill the entire room of people. So basically what I am saying is I don't expect people to 'put away' weapons to make me feel better. Playing against people like Panyk when he has rockets makes me a better player in the long run so I'm cool with it. Frustrating as hell sometimes but that is aFPS for you.

Butane and I were talking about this just after I logged off that particular match (I joined his server and immediately got obliterated by his rockets! :p ) and I guess my beef is more tied to my dissatisfaction with DM and FFA in general. Players will often enter a room see a few guys going at it and proceed to shoot rockets into the crowd from a safe distance. Kind of what you are talking about and in the context of this game type is totally valid and I just need to get over it. Although I feel sheepish when I get those kinds of kills because I don't feel like I really "earned" them, so I tend to not do it and end up leaving a lot of kills on the table. Need to get over that too! LOL :D

But more the rocket spam I am referring to is people literally spamming doorways and corners from afar hoping to get a kill...you know, the kind of stuff the wall-hacking bots will do because they know you are coming? Walk around a corner...dead. That happened a few times in that game (artifact: two rockets coming from the cerb spawn toward the elevator...I come from the stingray side...instant impact the second I show a pixel WTF!?), but it could have just been coincidence or me not realizing something had just unfolded in that location seconds prior. Anyway, rocket spamming in this last sense is particularly annoying and I hate seeing players do it. :(

Thanks for being cool about it Educator and I appreciate your thoughtful response. 8)
    Last edited by neoKahn on Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:28 pm, edited 12 times in total.
    neoKahn

game over...moonpie.
    neoKahn
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• axis-z wrote:I think the speed is right, if is decreases more, then you will see a predominance of hitscan weapons like in ut2k4. Is more appropriate to reduce the splash and a little bit the fire ratio, if we want a balance.

This. ^

Yeah the rockets are fast, but overall the speed is cool. Reduce splash and rate of fire.
    neoKahn

game over...moonpie.
    neoKahn
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

• Tobe_ wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Primjxt ... e=youtu.be

this is what the server browser of dirty bomb looks like. a game with 63 metascore on steam. i tested it too and it sucks. im wondering how they managed to get that many players into the beta and why noone is playing toxikk despite of it being a much better game.

The player base discussion doesn't belong here, Tobe. Please leave it in the threads with this subject. However, let me drop a word about that comparism: Dirty Bomb is free, it is developed by a developer with a lot of fans (Splash Damage... overall an awesome developer that also did the original Wolfenstein ET) and, last but not least, has Nexon's advertisement machine behind it (just look at the many theatrical trailers they did for the game, like e.g. this one). Creating such trailer (that doesn't have anything to do with the real game, i.e. does not rely on in-game assets and is really set up like movie) is highly expensive. Overall, they're putting money in the high millions behind that title...

This is money Reakktor simply doesn't have. And the money we do have... we prefer to put into the game. That means: No theatrical trailers for Toxikk.

However, we believe that once Toxikk is officially out of Early Access and got promoted, reviewed and advertised, the game will step out of the shadows. Release trailers, surprise content and especially a well promoted free weekend after its release will also help the player base a lot in our opinion. It has happened with many other Early Access games and if the final game lives up to player's expectations (which is our main job to fulfill) it'll happen with Toxikk too.
    REAKKTOR STUDIOS - Homepage - KK on Twitter - KK on Facebook
    Sharkster [KK]
    Reakktor Studios
    Reakktor Studios
    Emperor
    Emperor

• Sharkster [KK] wrote:
    Tobe_ wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Primjxt ... e=youtu.be

this is what the server browser of dirty bomb looks like. a game with 63 metascore on steam. i tested it too and it sucks. im wondering how they managed to get that many players into the beta and why noone is playing toxikk despite of it being a much better game.

The player base discussion doesn't belong here, Tobe. Please leave it in the threads with this subject. However, let me drop a word about that comparism: Dirty Bomb is free, it is developed by a developer with a lot of fans (Splash Damage... overall an awesome developer that also did the original Wolfenstein ET) and, last but not least, has Nexon's advertisement machine behind it (just look at the many theatrical trailers they did for the game, like e.g. this one). Creating such trailer (that doesn't have anything to do with the real game, i.e. does not rely on in-game assets and is really set up like movie) is highly expensive. Overall, they're putting money in the high millions behind that title...

This is money Reakktor simply doesn't have. And the money we do have... we prefer to put into the game. That means: No theatrical trailers for Toxikk.

However, we believe that once Toxikk is officially out of Early Access and got promoted, reviewed and advertised, the game will step out of the shadows. Release trailers, surprise content and especially a well promoted free weekend after its release will also help the player base a lot in our opinion. It has happened with many other Early Access games and if the final game lives up to player's expectations (which is our main job to fulfill) it'll happen with Toxikk too.

lets sure hope so.
    Ollyfin
    L4 Founder
    L4 Founder
    Alpha Spearhead
    Alpha Spearhead

• I sure do. I'd love if the game had some decent competition because the skill ceiling is very high at it. Some other things that i miss are if you get a multikill it takes some time before you can see what player you actually killed. the multi kill message comes first. it would be better if both were separate like at UT. another thing is that when you accidently connect to a server you cant cancel the process by hitting escape but gotta wait until all the loading is done.
    Tobe_
    Alpha Spearhead
    Alpha Spearhead

• Hi, got a question - does SC rating decrease over time if you do not play? I logged on and apparently I've dropped to a 4 and I don't remember leaving the 6 that I had 2 and a bit weeks ago. Played one game and played at a 9 though, so I'm at a 5 now.

The patch seems great, you've really nailed the atmosphere on Foundation XL. Map rotation is awesome, the UI is much better now (although I think that the in game HUD still needs some work) and overall I love the added transparency of the SC system now. Great patch overall :D
    BARRY SCOTT
    Spearhead
    Spearhead

• neoKahn wrote:Butane and I were talking about this just after I logged off that particular match (I joined his server and immediately got obliterated by his rockets! :p ) and I guess my beef is more tied to my dissatisfaction with DM and FFA in general. Players will often enter a room see a few guys going at it and proceed to shoot rockets into the crowd from a safe distance. Kind of what you are talking about and in the context of this game type is totally valid and I just need to get over it. Although I feel sheepish when I get those kinds of kills because I don't feel like I really "earned" them, so I tend to not do it and end up leaving a lot of kills on the table. Need to get over that too! LOL :D

LoL for sure! If you are in the right place at the right time and you didn't die getting there, you earned it. 8) There are so many times when I get into battles with people up close and we end up just jumping and dodging all over the place while missing most of our shots. Those are pretty much the times that in the back of my head I know there's a good chance of a 3rd or 4th opponent coming in and cleaning up shop.

But more the rocket spam I am referring to is people literally spamming doorways and corners from afar hoping to get a kill...you know, the kind of stuff the wall-hacking bots will do because they know you are coming? Walk around a corner...dead. That happened a few times in that game (artifact: two rockets coming from the cerb spawn toward the elevator...I come from the stingray side...instant impact the second I show a pixel WTF!?), but it could have just been coincidence or me not realizing something had just unfolded in that location seconds prior. Anyway, rocket spamming in this last sense is particularly annoying and I hate seeing players do it. :(

Thanks for being cool about it Educator and I appreciate your thoughtful response. 8)

Heh, I really don't mind that either, although I agree it can be very frustrating at times. I even do it myself and when you time it right, it's a thing of beauty. Predicting someones movement like that down to the T is one of the most satisfying things to me. In artifact, if I see you run up the little incline towards the violator (the one by the elevator that takes you all the way up) and I also notice there is mega health, I am going to try and time it right so my rocket (or flame, grenade) disrupts your jump to the MH. If I don't get a hit/see you pop out, I assume you are taking the back route to the MH. I would most likely be to your backside in most of these situations. And at that point I now focus most of my attention on getting MH. If I see you do an elevator jump to the MH and then take a sharp left, I'll try to predict it again so I am not battling you @ 200 health vs 100 health. I will do it with the flame thrower alt fire as well if that's all I have. This really only takes place if I have been following you for a bit and/or if I have those particular weapons equipped. I never waste ammo though and rarely fire randomly as it gives away your position and what not.

The engine is old and if people are really wall hacking then that's a problem, but if you can predict their movement 'blindly', use it to your advantage. Just my 2 cents on that topic. :D I haven't really played against bots since back in the eraser days though so I am not sure how they act in Toxikk. I am not sure if you are a quake player but I've dueled people on maps like Aerowalk where my opponent can even pretty much predict where I am going to spawn. Makes me want to pull my hair out sometimes. By the time I get my senses back, they have already picked up mega + armor, and I have rockets, rails, and lightning flying at my face. :eek:

Anyways, don't want to stray too far off topic, pumped to get some Toxikk in tonight! :yes:
    EduCatOR
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary

• EduCatOR wrote:Predicting someones movement like that down to the T is one of the most satisfying things to me.

And this right here is why we asked to have the damage of direct brought back up once it was nerfed. Direct hits should ALWAYS feel rewarding especially from a projectile weapon.
    Speaking of which, we need a 'mid air' announcement/notice for kills. I recall getting one yesterday with the Cerberus against Neokahn actually and it always feels like something's missing without some sort of recognition for it. Hehe
    "I ain't afraid of no Quake"

ImageImage
    The Gravel Pit - Steam Group
    Butane
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    General
    General

PreviousNext

Return to ANNOUNCEMENTS

Information