[EVENT] Friday Frag Fest

Official announcements from REAKKTOR Studios
Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:33 am

• Only one other person on the TS and all servers are empty. Guy on TS said 4 players were on earlier but they were on the EU side of the house which is fine, but his ping was bad. Bummer - I wanted to some Friday Frag Fest! Until next time, I suppose. Did I miss a specific time everybody's getting together? I know a lot of you are in Europe so I think I'll still be working then but any US?
    MrRecon
    Chief Mercenary
    Chief Mercenary

Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:49 am

• MrRecon wrote:Only one other person on the TS and all servers are empty. Guy on TS said 4 players were on earlier but they were on the EU side of the house which is fine, but his ping was bad. Bummer - I wanted to some Friday Frag Fest! Until next time, I suppose.

A couple of us EU people played the first hour or two of the NA event before heading off. I probably could have played more, I'm still awake but I had some other stuff to take care of as well.
    Usually what we do is advertise the TS when we're playing to try and get people to come on there. Some kind of attempt at growing the community a bit I guess :p
    Streaming Toxikk and other stuff over at Twitch
    Equim
    Kkontributor
    Kkontributor
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:51 am

• Equim wrote:
    MrRecon wrote:Only one other person on the TS and all servers are empty. Guy on TS said 4 players were on earlier but they were on the EU side of the house which is fine, but his ping was bad. Bummer - I wanted to some Friday Frag Fest! Until next time, I suppose.

A couple of us EU people played the first hour or two of the NA event before heading off. I probably could have played more, I'm still awake but I had some other stuff to take care of as well.
    Usually what we do is advertise the TS when we're playing to try and get people to come on there. Some kind of attempt at growing the community a bit I guess :p

Ah, gotcha. I'll hop on earlier next time and see if I catch you guys!
    MrRecon
    Chief Mercenary
    Chief Mercenary

Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:50 am

• Equim wrote:Usually what we do is advertise the TS when we're playing to try and get people to come on there. Some kind of attempt at growing the community a bit I guess :p

Your advertising skills are not working that much usually :p . But at least you try. ^^
    The only one with (almost) no AFPS background.
    Rockfire
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:24 pm

• We'll that was fun while it lasted.
    I think we made the mistake of playing in an 8 player max server because at one point I noticed players hanging out alone in other servers waiting for a spot. That's partly my fault coz I initially joined the server when it was empty :\ didn't think odt fill up that quickly!

I'll probably be on again tonight for the unofficial saturday frag fest :D
    "I ain't afraid of no Quake"

ImageImage
    The Gravel Pit - Steam Group
    Butane
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    General
    General

Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:55 pm

• I had some great frantic fun playing on EU with more than 10 players for a few games (BL & SA) but lack of maps was once again the main factor that made me drop out.

I sincerely hope the SDK release will be the take-off point for Toxikk. We've been here a year already.

[ I also tried the UT4 pre-alpha yesterday and was far from impressed - it was more like a cheap Linux Quake clone - it'll be years before they get anywhere with that ]
    Skaldy
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:26 pm

• skaldy wrote: I also tried the UT4 pre-alpha yesterday and was far from impressed - it was more like a cheap Linux Quake clone - it'll be years before they get anywhere with that
    I can't stand the movement. I think it's horrible. They're adding in and spending time on all these social media features instead of focusing on the game itself. And the wall slide/walking is just dumb and slows you down. I thought they had a hard-on for ut99 movement only?
    Anyway, I don't want to turn this into a UT4 discussion so I'll just stop here.

In other news, the new doom is looking very promising. I'm impressed with all the MP footage, features and talk I've been hearing. Especially the static gun that only shoots while you're running. I kind of wish someone thought of that for Toxikk.
    "I ain't afraid of no Quake"

ImageImage
    The Gravel Pit - Steam Group
    Butane
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    General
    General

Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:19 pm

• Yup, toxikk is just a well made remake of games in a dead genre. the core mechanics are solid and nice but it lacks creativity and innovaton. the playercount kind of speaks for itself i guess.
    Tobe_
    Alpha Spearhead
    Alpha Spearhead

Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:38 pm

• Butane wrote:...Doom MP...

Yeah, that does sound like it might be worth a look, but we're off-topic I suppose. ;)

Anyway I hope Friday night Toxikk will get busier once the evenings get dark and cold, and we get...
    ...more maps! :yes:
    Skaldy
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:34 pm

• Tobe_ wrote:Yup, toxikk is just a well made remake of games in a dead genre. the core mechanics are solid and nice but it lacks creativity and innovaton.

We're still not finished in the "core mechanics and base content" department. Once that is dealt with (i.e. all maps are done, all base content is complete), we'll re-focus on pushing the weapons etc. before we go for the 1.0 release.
    REAKKTOR STUDIOS - Homepage - KK on Twitter - KK on Facebook
    Sharkster [KK]
    Reakktor Studios
    Reakktor Studios
    Emperor
    Emperor

PreviousNext

Return to ANNOUNCEMENTS

Information