[NEWS] Patch #009, V0.89 PARSLEY is NOW live!

Official announcements from REAKKTOR Studios

• Sharkster [KK] wrote:There are already official servers running with the instagib mutator. Go to the server browser and then "sort by mutators" to find them.

Nice update!
    I don't think InstaGib is set up the way it is supposed to be right now. Great addition, no doubt, but the right settings are still missing. Crucially in DM/TDM is InstantAutoRespawn, which can be set with the RespawnTimer. Along with it there needs to be NO SpawnProtection, and we are ready to go. Furthermore i would remove Zoom out of Instagib, too. It never used to be part of competitve InstaGib games afaik, a few people used to bind/toggle fov instead if it was desired by them..
    keep up the work ;)
    You will never walk again. But you will fly!
    Torianator
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

• Torianator wrote:i would remove Zoom out of Instagib, too. It never used to be part of competitve InstaGib games afaik, a few people used to bind/toggle fov instead if it was desired by them..
    keep up the work ;)

Zoom is fine. It felt totally natural to zoom in and allows for Instagib to be used on larger maps if players desire it.

Instagib has never been a "competitive" game type, it's something you play for fun and for some good laughs.
    Pyroteq
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

• Thanks for the update!

Lots of new fun stuff to play around with.
    I love the fast-forward mutator, but i think it would feel better if it didn't affect gravity (with it, you also fall down faster)
    Kkontributor
    Grand General
    Grand General

• Why doesn't instagib actually gib players? Isn't that the point lol
    ImageImage
    radarridr
    L3 Founder
    L3 Founder
    Spearhead
    Spearhead

• radarridr wrote:Why doesn't instagib actually gib players? Isn't that the point lol

Do you have "Gore" enabled in your game settings?
    Kkontributor
    Grand General
    Grand General

• Yeah initially I did an actual "insta-gib", and the camera flying around rotating every time you exploded was the only reason I removed it.
    Then I found that an insta-death, with proper body overlay effect and proper momentum, actually looked pretty good, so I stuck with it.

Now it's probably possible to enable gib while disabling that camera rotation (for instagib, or even globally because I'm not sure anyone likes it), but it's up to Reakktor whether they want to do it or not. Doesn't change much imo. Btw: you can still gib players by firing again on their dead body, which is nice :D

@Torianator: You can currently set up instant-force-respawn by adding the RespawnDelay mutator and by setting ForceRespawn to true in ini config. I think it is best when mutators do minimal modifications, so you can combine them better and configure them the way you want. That way if you want a competitive instagib-force-instantrespawn you can, and if somebody else wants a casual instagib with respawn delay / no forced he can too.
    You are right for the SpawnProtection though I'm not sure if that is configurable yet.
    TOXIKK Modding Team: now in the official Discord channel
    TeamArena is released (finally!) - get in on the Steam Workshop !
    Check out my latest BL maps - Akrone, Moov, and Eternity !
    Chatouille
    Kkontributor
    Kkontributor
    General
    General

• Pyroteq wrote:Instagib has never been a "competitive" game type, it's something you play for fun and for some good laughs.

Well, if you don't enjoy to play a game, then you shouldn't be playing it at all. Of course you don't have to play each match you are playing diehard, but this also counts for every gametype in every game out there. Of course instagib is easier to get into than some other gametypes, but you need to nail down every step, every shot, control the map, each aspect like in any other gametype, too. Saying Instagib, in all its variety, has never been competitive is just totally wrong.
    You will never walk again. But you will fly!
    Torianator
    Mercenary
    Mercenary

• I love mutators. Thanks.
    Mekis
    Recruit
    Recruit

• So, hitreg is still not fixed ? I hope i can trust KK to do as good job as always and fix it for 0.9 =)
    I Am HardyRah!
    HardyRah
    L3 Founder
    L3 Founder
    Legionary
    Legionary

PreviousNext

Return to ANNOUNCEMENTS

Information