[NEWS] Beta Roadmap Update

Official announcements from REAKKTOR Studios
Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:33 pm

Just a quick heads up to let you know that we are A) still alive and B) have updated our BETA ROADMAP: We finally feel comfortable changing the TBAs on the remaining two major milestones back to real estimations:

The GINGER build generation will launch October 20 with the release of v0.9. Its main feature is our new sci-fi/tech theme to be introduced with the new map DEKK.

Shortly after (November) v0.93 will follow with another new map (CASTELLO) and a new game mode, AREA DOMINATION.

Build 0.95 will make some of the already existing maps (Ganesha, Foundation and Artifact) playable with the new game mode.

After Castello is out, we'll focus on the release of the SDKK. For technical reasons, it's important to have the majority of assets out before we release the SDKK and as Castello concludes the visual themes for the game, releasing the SDKK right after it seems to be the way to go.

We hope to realize all points above before the end of 2015, ...BUT the release of the SDKK comes with some sharp edges. If there's slippage at this point, it'll most likely be caused by SDKK related issues. *fingerscrossed*

Besides Area Domination, the Ginger build generation will bring two more game modes: Arch Rivals (Duel) and Lone Survivor (Last Man Standing). Both modes were originally scheduled to be already released, but as they require an improved spectator mode, we now plan to release them late January/early February 2016.

Once we have reached this point, the only thing separating TOXIKK from its full release is one more CTF map (according to our roadmap), ...but, as said before, we got a lot of surprise content that'll be made available with v1.0 and is not mentioned in the roadmap. This content will be announced with the release trailers of Toxikk (at the launch of our marketing campaign).

Speaking of the campaign: From the release of v0.9 on, we'll start to intensify our "presence". I.e. the launch of v0.9 will be accompanied with a little teaser trailer and we'll go on with that for every bigger update on our way to v1.0.

We are targeting a Q1/16 release, but it's still a bit early to give final word on that. One big indicator for the release date will be how fast we can get the SDKK out of the door (i.e. we can announce a more precise launch date AFTER the SDKK is out).

About our original plans to release TOXIKK in June (latest): I guess we'll need to excuse ourselves for being so blue-eyed to believe that we could've completed the game by then. So..., if you waited to play the full version this summer, please accept our apologies.

We know that there is a balance to keep between the need to communicate milestone dates and our ability to predict how well the development goes. This is not always easy and delays did not only arise from underestimating certain tasks, but also from heavily expanding our original goals. After all, this game is where our heart is and we do everything in our hands, to make it as good as possible (...while also trying to keep an eye on the release date).

Thanks for reading... and see you all in DEKK later this month.
    REAKKTOR STUDIOS - Homepage - KK on Twitter - KK on Facebook
    Sharkster [KK]
    Reakktor Studios
    Reakktor Studios
    Emperor
    Emperor

Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:54 pm

• Sounds Good! Thanks for the update.
    Keep Calm, And Frag On!
    ImageImage
    Tiberious
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Chief Mercenary
    Chief Mercenary

Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:05 am

• Thanks for the update! The only thing I find strange about Toxikk thus far is that there will seemingly be only one massive map released in the entire early access program up until release. It seems like you guys worked really hard on creating vehicles and weapons for the large-scale battles, so I hope that more massive maps are eventually released to compliment the smaller ones.

Also, would it be possible to change the time of day on the Foundation XL CTF map to visually differentiate it from the DM version? You were able to do that between Artifact and Artifact XL and it makes it feel like a completely different map, unlike the two Foundation maps which look virtually identical.
    sTkrZX5
    Chief Mercenary
    Chief Mercenary

Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:40 am

• sTkrZX5 wrote:there will seemingly be only one massive map released in the entire early access program up until release. It seems like you guys worked really hard on creating vehicles and weapons for the large-scale battles, so I hope that more massive maps are eventually released to compliment the smaller ones.

Artifact XL and Foundation XL are designed for up to 16 players (massive maps) too and the last map to come will also support vehicular warface, ...so there'll be at least two maps with vehicles at release (and a total of 4 massive maps).

From the roadmap:
    BUILD: V1.0, VANILLA, DATE: Q1/2016

[...]

NEW MAP(S):
    Futuristic Metropolis Rooftops
    (Massive Map, Designed for up to 16 Players)

sTkrZX5 wrote:Also, would it be possible to change the time of day on the Foundation XL CTF map to visually differentiate it from the DM version? You were able to do that between Artifact and Artifact XL and it makes it feel like a completely different map, unlike the two Foundation maps which look virtually identical.

Actually, Foundation takes place at night while Founation XL takes place in a twilight mood. Compare these shots:

FOUNDATION

FOUNDATION XL

The "problem" is that the atmosphere of the map lives from the sea of artificial lights (the ads, the chinese lanterns, the neon lights etc.). If you turn these off or if you make the environment too bright, it will kill the map's key visuals. It would look simply flat.
    Sharkster [KK]
    Reakktor Studios
    Reakktor Studios
    Emperor
    Emperor

Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:24 pm

Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:51 pm

• Thanks for the update guys.
    Also, I don't know if this has been answered before but is the game going to have Steam Workshop support?
    I have a pretty cool idea for a map/gamemode but I wouldn't be able to run a dedicated server.
    ImageImage

The one that spends more time on the forums than in the game
    Gecko
    L5 Founder
    L5 Founder
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:55 pm

• Gecko wrote:Thanks for the update guys.
    Also, I don't know if this has been answered before but is the game going to have Steam Workshop support?
    I have a pretty cool idea for a map/gamemode but I wouldn't be able to run a dedicated server.

You can release it on the modding section of the forum as Predath0r did.
    The only one with (almost) no AFPS background.
    Rockfire
    Alpha Centurion
    Alpha Centurion

Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:49 pm

• Thanks for the statement :)
    What will "Are Domination" be like? Is this the same as "Warfare" in UT3?
    Sensemann1000
    Senior Mercenary
    Senior Mercenary

Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:55 pm

• Area Domination (AD) is a Domination mode, where you need to find, capture and defend domination points against the enemy team.
    Sharkster [KK]
    Reakktor Studios
    Reakktor Studios
    Emperor
    Emperor

Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:00 am

• This sounds good, really looking forward to checking out the new maps and the SDKK
    thall
    L4 Founder
    L4 Founder
    Spearhead
    Spearhead

Next

Return to ANNOUNCEMENTS

Information